Browns General Discussion

candyman93

19 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

and yet have one of the most talented defenses in the league. 

Terrible.

Woods needs to right the ship now or else Stefanski better fire him at the end of the season. Too many talented players on this defense to be so inconsistent.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Terrible.

Woods needs to right the ship now or else Stefanski better fire him at the end of the season. Too many talented players on this defense to be so inconsistent.

Stefanski deserves some of the same criticism offensively, we aren't coming off as "smart" at all.....

Edited by MSURacerDT55

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

Stefanski deserves some of the same criticism offensively, we are coming off as "smart" at all.....

For sure. He needs to scheme better and protect the two backup OTs. But Woods is doing a lot less with more talent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

For sure. He needs to scheme better and protect the two backup OTs. But Woods is doing a lot less with more talent.

Yea we’ve got like 9 top 50 picks on the defense including 3 top 4 picks and it’s been absolutely abysmal more than half the time.

Like, not sketchy, shaky, inconsistent, etc., ******* terrible.

46 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Terrible.

Fire him now. We’re gonna waste our only season with a competent pass rusher opposite of Garrett. We won’t be able to afford clowney next year. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Fire him now. We’re gonna waste our only season with a competent pass rusher opposite of Garrett. We won’t be able to afford clowney next year. 

I'm not opposed to that but I highly doubt Stefanski fires him midseason.

Just now, candyman93 said:

Yes we can.

OBJ will be gone, Keenum will be gone, and I have no idea what Baker is going to be paid.

Teller and ward will need extensions. I know teller hasn’t been elite this year but we can’t afford to let him go. Baker can’t play without an elite OL we seen that this past week with the tackles out. If clowney takes a team friendly deal we might. But I can’t still this roster ever being as good as it is right now. It’s the coaching that’s the issue. We’re gonna waste a great roster on a year that we have a bad DC. 

Anyone got any numbers on how many zone blitzes we’ve ran this year?  I feel like we’ve for stud athletes everywhere and it’s the same vanilla ish.

Like I don’t want Myles and Clowney in coverage all game, but throw a damned curveball every once in a while.

Im just sick of our pass rush plan being “hey, you generational freaks, go whip everyone’s arse”.

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Anyone got any numbers on how many zone blitzes we’ve ran this year?  I feel like we’ve for stud athletes everywhere and it’s the same vanilla ish.

Like I don’t want Myles and Clowney in coverage all game, but throw a damned curveball every once in a while.

Im just sick of our pass rush plan being “hey, you generational freaks, go whip everyone’s arse”.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/05/22/browns-blitz-rate-third-lowest-in-2020-improved-coverage-lead-to-more-blitzes-in-2021/?scrlybrkr=aeb7c30b

2020 we were 3rd to last.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/10/how-the-browns-defense-has-improved-through-the-first-four-games-of-2021.html

Through the first 4 games, we were 20th in blitz rate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Teller and ward will need extensions. I know teller hasn’t been elite this year but we can’t afford to let him go. Baker can’t play without an elite OL we seen that this past week with the tackles out. If clowney takes a team friendly deal we might. But I can’t still this roster ever being as good as it is right now. It’s the coaching that’s the issue. We’re gonna waste a great roster on a year that we have a bad DC. 

Baker struggling with third and fourth string tackles starting doesn't mean he needs an "elite" offensive line. He just needs a good one. Not many QBs are going to look great with third and fourth string tackles playing.