Browns General Discussion

candyman93

11 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He was also a drunken *******.  

Let’s not bury the lede.

It highlights how bad it is on so many levels. They want him to run wide but was too slow. 

They wanted him to be the qb and face of a franchise but he is an addict. 

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They knew all of the issue and still drafted him

Profound level of incompetence. Amazing that billionaires can be that dumb.

Manziel was super marketable, that's what Jimmy saw imo.

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Being intelligent has almost nothing to do with being a billionaire in a lot of cases.

Being born a pecker’s length from home plate is often far more relevant than intelligence.

Manziel was super marketable, that's what Jimmy saw imo.

For sure.

Being competent in one field often doesn't translate into others. 

For example, I'll use doctors, or as I like to call them, the most overrated smart people on the planet.

Don't get me wrong, many are often very knowledgeable in their particular area/field, but that's not the universal intelligence we often credit them with. 

I think billionaires are often the same. Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, etc. know a lot about their products, marketing, etc., but that doesn't mean they'll be able to step in and run a football franchise in a competent manner.

Often times these guys have little to no delegation skills, so they are "control freaks" that don't know how to stay in their own lanes.

And let's be blunt, for a lot of these guys, it's a status and entertainment thing. They reap the profits whether or not their team is good...and many would rather run things their way because it's "their team" regardless of the outcome:

See: Dan Snyder (The Late Al Davis and Jerruh to a degree but he wants to win/wanted to win)

I think Jimmy falls into this camp without question even by his own admission.

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Being competent in one field often doesn't translate into others. 

For example, I'll use doctors, or as I like to call them, the most overrated smart people on the planet.

Don't get me wrong, many are often very knowledgeable in their particular area/field, but that's not the universal intelligence we often credit them with. 

I think billionaires are often the same. Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, etc. know a lot about their products, marketing, etc., but that doesn't mean they'll be able to step in and run a football franchise in a competent manner.

Often times these guys have little to no delegation skills, so they are "control freaks" that don't know how to stay in their own lanes.

And let's be blunt, for a lot of these guys, it's a status and entertainment thing. They reap the profits whether or not their team is good...and many would rather run things their way because it's "their team" regardless of the outcome:

See: Dan Snyder (The Late Al Davis and Jerruh to a degree but he wants to win/wanted to win)

I think Jimmy falls into this camp without question even by his own admission.

I would disagree. I think Haslam does care. I think he's embarrassed by the crap show that we've put out there the last few years. He doesn't know how to run an organization and is definitely not adept at finding a "leader of men" to run his team, but I do think he genuinely wants to win Super Bowls here, regardless of money. His name is attached to a perennial losing franchise. That can't sit well with anyone and that's why he has had such an itchy trigger finger when it comes to firing people in his tenure...until Stefanski. I give him credit for trying...he's just bad at it. He's the Andrew Sendejo of ownership.

10 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I would disagree. I think Haslam does care.

Per the bolded on my end, I was saying that Jimmy falls into the "meddling and incompetent" portion, not the "I don't care" portion.

Lerner was firmly in the "I don't care" portion.

Dolan is in the "I don't care" portion.

Jimmy definitely cares. He also is meddlesome, incompetent, and impatient.

10 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I think he's embarrassed by the crap show that we've put out there the last few years. He doesn't know how to run an organization and is definitely not adept at finding a "leader of men" to run his team, but I do think he genuinely wants to win Super Bowls here, regardless of money. His name is attached to a perennial losing franchise. That can't sit well with anyone and that's why he has had such an itchy trigger finger when it comes to firing people in his tenure...until Stefanski. I give him credit for trying...he's just bad at it. He's the Andrew Sendejo of ownership.

• Like 2

Didnt see anywhere else to put this

• CLE
    Siaki Ika
    DT Baylor

• CLE
    Zach Harrison
    EDGE Ohio State

• CLE
    Keeanu Benton
    DT Wisconsin

• CLE
    Rashad Torrence II
    S Florida

• CLE
    Luke Schoonmaker
    TE Michigan

• CLE
    D'Anthony Jones
    EDGE Houston

• CLE
    Jadon Haselwood
    WR Arkansas

• CLE
    Dee Winters
    LB TCU
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Didnt see anywhere else to put this

• CLE
    Siaki Ika
    DT Baylor

• CLE
    Zach Harrison
    EDGE Ohio State

• CLE
    Keeanu Benton
    DT Wisconsin

• CLE
    Rashad Torrence II
    S Florida

• CLE
    Luke Schoonmaker
    TE Michigan

• CLE
    D'Anthony Jones
    EDGE Houston

• CLE
    Jadon Haselwood
    WR Arkansas

• CLE
    Dee Winters
    LB TCU

All for it. 

Just would hope we add a WR in free agency to compliment that draft

• Like 2

On 1/26/2023 at 8:20 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They knew all of the issue and still drafted him

Yup. I still remember when he was in college and got kicked out of the Manning passing camp for being too hungover to fulfill his duties and not wanting to go near him with a 10 foot pole (so of course we drafted him).

Edited by dawgdish
  • Like 1