Browns General Discussion

candyman93

19 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Stefanski needs to prove he knows what to do with the personnel we have this year. This QB/coach combo looked clueless in their limited time last year. 

Weird how the HC/QB didn’t seem clueless the first 11 games with a backup who played pretty decent. I mean JB should have been a pro bowl pick QB over Huntley. 

I agree this is a make or break year for KS. 

53 minutes ago, JDD said:

Weird how the HC/QB didn’t seem clueless the first 11 games with a backup who played pretty decent. I mean JB should have been a pro bowl pick QB over Huntley. 

I agree this is a make or break year for KS. 

The one nit I’ll pick about KS and our offense that I think needs to change is the lack of explosive plays in the pass game.

We’ve consistently had a good offense under KS, but even when it was humming we’ve really been more of a methodical, plodding offense.  That’s great and all, definitely a great base to have, but we need to be able to hit more big plays.

Some or that has been on the quarterbacks, some on the lack of talent at WR, but I think the excuses have about come to end and with the current roster.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The one nit I’ll pick about KS and our offense that I think needs to change is the lack of explosive plays in the pass game.

We’ve consistently had a good offense under KS, but even when it was humming we’ve really been more of a methodical, plodding offense.  That’s great and all, definitely a great base to have, but we need to be able to hit more big plays.

Some or that has been on the quarterbacks, some on the lack of talent at WR, but I think the excuses have about come to end and with the current roster.

Aside from this:

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2022/12/10/23503313/browns-offense-explosive-plays-in-the-league-this-year

Which, to be fair to your point, you're talking specifically about PASSING plays...it is noteworthy to say that we did almost all of that with JB at the helm.

I think a good portion of that is on the QB and WR position(s). Given that we had a good many GM's intentionally neglect the WR position via the draft and/or had a QB who couldn't hit those big chunk plays in Mayfield, coupled with dudes that we traded for not panning out (OBJ), and here we are.

https://www.news-herald.com/2023/01/09/stefanski-looking-for-more-explosive-plays-for-watson-and-browns-in-2023/

He also understands and acknowledges that we need to do a better job of that this year. I think on paper Elijah Moore gives this team that missing dimension of a vertical threat, coupled with DPJ and Cooper on the outside.

What's interesting to me is that I think we're going to go away from the 2 TE look and go heavy 3x1 while still maintaining a lot of motion and other concepts presnap.

• Like 1