NFL teams 'done' negotiating with Jadeveon Clowney

Drained

15 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Is there a team that wouldn't want those players on their team? Is it possible they get so many because they get so much playing time?

Make no mistake, I want Clowney opposite Myles. Myles had a LOT his first couple of years trying to time snap counts and work on his "get off the ball" explosiveness. I haven't watched Clowney nearly as much as Myles tbh.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 10:37 PM, Forge said:

It's a really good offer given where his market is. He should join Cleveland

Yep, I wouldn’t expect him to make much more than that. Carlos Dunlap makes that same figure and is 4 years older. Very similar production over the last few years. 

And this doesn’t include penalties incurred, which very likely favours Dunlap. He’s one of the better defensive ends this past decade absolutely no one talks about.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Yep, I wouldn’t expect him to make much more than that. Carlos Dunlap makes that same figure and is 4 years older. Very similar production over the last few years. 

And this doesn’t include penalties incurred, which very likely favours Dunlap. He’s one of the better defensive ends this past decade absolutely no one talks about.

Batted passes is an underrated statistic if you think about it.   That is a pass defended for no gain.   A greater impact than a pressure generally.  You can pressure a QB and he still makes a great play.    Also batted passes can result in easy INTs if ball is popped up.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I was a huge Dunlap fan when he was coming out of Florida, I pegged him as another Mario Williams...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Make no mistake, I want Clowney opposite Myles. Myles had a LOT his first couple of years trying to time snap counts and work on his "get off the ball" explosiveness. I haven't watched Clowney nearly as much as Myles tbh.

Notice how most of the league leaders in penalties are premiere edge rushers. I think it's just a natural symptom of those guys timing the snap and trying to get every advantage they can in getting to the QB. Michael Bennett was a walking penalty in his Seattle days (appears he still is) but no one would ever complain about it because he was otherwise effective at getting a great jump. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Yup almost every team has their guy. 

I was thinking that too....like who are the Cowboys really negotiating with for Dak?? My dark horse answer is New England....but thats not really their style.....on the same token, NE would be a dark horse for Clowney also.

10 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Breer said the Browns revised their offer to Clowney - 1 year, $15M. 

Think that’s an overpay but Clowney’s crazy not to take it.

It's possible it's something like $8mm guaranteed with the remaining in incentives.  Unlikely that it's that bad, but it's possible.  I'll never really put stock in the number either side reports until the full details come out.

Clowney should look at elevating his stock again. I believe he's good enough, but he went to the Seahawks where they had no other pass rush threat. He seemed to be double teamed on most, if not every, snap. You put Clowney in the Rams D next to AD and he puts up much better numbers than Fowler and he's just got $15m a year from the Falcons. 

On 6/17/2020 at 5:12 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

It's possible it's something like $8mm guaranteed with the remaining in incentives.  Unlikely that it's that bad, but it's possible.  I'll never really put stock in the number either side reports until the full details come out.

This. It's also not out of the realm of possibility that Clowney is simply using Cleveland for leverage to squeeze more nickels out of Seattle/Tennessee. 

2 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

This. It's also not out of the realm of possibility that Clowney is simply using Cleveland for leverage to squeeze more nickels out of Seattle/Tennessee. 

This wouldn’t surprise me at all. Players do this more times than casuals realize and they left Schefter be their voice.

It wouldn’t shock me at all if Cleveland wasn’t even interested at all in Clowney and these stories were all made up.

• Like 1