WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Problem is, many fans feel a connection to the Redskins back to the glory days of Allen and Gibbs.  Many younger fans have already jumped ship due to apathy and the Ravens being a much better organization on and off the field.  What's left may not have Dan Snyder, but will also be devoid of everything that we've come to love about the organization (name, color scheme, fight song, history) and will seem like an expansion team- and make no mistake, the roster is close to being expansion team bad and has a mediocre coach, too.  

This is just the final straw for many.  I thought I would give the namechange a year, but I may not even wait this long.  

The Ravens were not that long ago basically just an expansion team to a city that was still (and to some degree, is still) grieving the loss of the Colts. 

What the Redskins become down the road won’t ever be the same, but it doesn’t have to be bad. If we were going to become the RedWolves in name, and lose all the historical connection with the Redskins name and imagery — but still keep Snyder at the helm, along with all the terrible culture and management and structure and character? That’s the worst case scenario. 

If what comes out of this is a total demolition of something that has gone rotten, that’s the first step in making this thing better again. That’s when things can actually start getting fun again, when we can be hopeful for the future again without having to always expect the worst and qualify anything positive with “well it’s the Redskins, I’m sure they’ll screw it up somehow.” 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, e16bball said:

The Ravens were not that long ago basically just an expansion team to a city that was still (and to some degree, is still) grieving the loss of the Colts. 

What the Redskins become down the road won’t ever be the same, but it doesn’t have to be bad. If we were going to become the RedWolves in name, and lose all the historical connection with the Redskins name and imagery — but still keep Snyder at the helm, along with all the terrible culture and management and structure and character? That’s the worst case scenario. 

If what comes out of this is a total demolition of something that has gone rotten, that’s the first step in making this thing better again. That’s when things can actually start getting fun again, when we can be hopeful for the future again without having to always expect the worst and qualify anything positive with “well it’s the Redskins, I’m sure they’ll screw it up somehow.” 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f298d52fae12cf8bc4fd2

14 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I have a feeling we're going to be the other end of a hook from Prime Mike Tyson. 

Like  in hangover. Knocked stonecold out! Hey, here’s an interesting tidbit, I know a Coalminer from WV who fought Mike Tyson in the 80s.

Edited by turtle28

9 hours ago, e16bball said:

Problem is, the guy who allowed this to happen is still here.  It's been going on for over 15 years.  How he's treated people, or allowed them to be treated, from top to bottom is terrible, and totally craps on the history of the people who came before him.  The Cooke family should distance themselves from the team.  Joe Gibbs and family should distance themselves.  Darrell Green, Art Monk and the Hall of Famers and legends who are still alive should do the same.  Even the celebrities like Scot Van Pelt, Matthew McCougnahey, Matthew Berry, etc need to say something. 

Snyder needs to know from the fans all the way on up that this is not OK, otherwise, it's going to happen again.......or something similar is going to happen.  

I won't be buying new gear, and I'm probably going to email them on Monday asking for a refund because of this embarrassment.  I can't support this owner anymore.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Problem is, the guy who allowed this to happen is still here.  It's been going on for over 15 years.  How he's treated people, or allowed them to be treated, from top to bottom is terrible, and totally craps on the history of the people who came before him.  The Cooke family should distance themselves from the team.  Joe Gibbs and family should distance themselves.  Darrell Green, Art Monk and the Hall of Famers and legends who are still alive should do the same.  

Snyder needs to know from the fans all the way on up that this is not OK, otherwise, it's going to happen again.......or something similar is going to happen.  

I won't be buying new gear, and I'm probably going to email them on Monday asking for a refund because of this embarrassment.  I can't support this owner anymore.  

Yes Dan is the owner. But its Bruce that had the inmates running the asylum. And anyone the slightest little bit in his way was steamrolled. Lafamila, Scot, even back to the Shannahans. And what did Bruce do? Make sure as many people that could be his personal puppets were brought in as possible. Dan was getting none of this because he only dealt with Bruce, while Bruce had complete control of all things under him.

You played Assassin Creed games.  Its like in Unity. The Templars (Bruce) had control running everything. While it was the king that took the walk up to the guillotine. Cause he had neglected the country and left everything in the hands of others.

Now the neglect, and being the teams absentee father is all on Dan. But the things that happened seems like a betrayal of the trust he put in the exects that were running the company for him. Bruce being the Step-dad and the women all red headed step children.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Problem is, the guy who allowed this to happen is still here.  It's been going on for over 15 years.  How he's treated people, or allowed them to be treated, from top to bottom is terrible, and totally craps on the history of the people who came before him.  The Cooke family should distance themselves from the team.  Joe Gibbs and family should distance themselves.  Darrell Green, Art Monk and the Hall of Famers and legends who are still alive should do the same.  Even the celebrities like Scot Van Pelt, Matthew McCougnahey, Matthew Berry, etc need to say something. 

Makes sense, I haven’t bought Redskins year for myself all decade to be honest. I bought my new GF and her son some stuff a few years back though. The last jersey I got was a Kerrigan jersey but my best friend got me that for Christmas in 2011, I didn’t buy it, I wear it every Sunday during the season. I do support the players though, especially this young group, I’m very excited to see them play.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Yes Dan is the owner. But its Bruce that had the inmates running the asylum. And anyone the slightest little bit in his way was steamrolled. Lafamila, Scot, even back to the Shannahans. And what did Bruce do? Make sure as many people that could be his personal puppets were brought in as possible. Dan was getting none of this because he only dealt with Bruce, while Bruce had complete control of all things under him.

You played Assassin Creed games.  Its like in Unity. The Templars (Bruce) had control running everything. While it was the king that took the walk up to the guillotine. Cause he had neglected the country and left everything in the hands of others.

Now the neglect, and being the teams absentee father is all on Dan. But the things that happened seems like a betrayal of the trust he put in the exects that were running the company for him. Bruce being the Step-dad and the women all red headed step children.

Dan chose to buy the team.  He chose not to come into his business and trusted that things were OK.  This is his fault entirely.  Don't let your hate for Bruce Allen, which is 100% justified, let you think anything else.  

If this happened in my work situation and this kind of sexual harrassment behavior from senior leadership to team members was reported to corporate, he would be out in a second even if he didn't have knowledge it was going on and our senior leadership team hid it from him.  

From all reports, it seems that they have some kind of corporate mission, core values that are explained during the onboarding process.  If Snyder isn't there to make sure his vision is being carried out, it falls to his direct reports to do that.  And if the direct reports are screwing up, Snyder has to hold them accountable.  He didn't do it, and allowed this to continue for a decade, maybe longer.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Yes Dan is the owner. But its Bruce that had the inmates running the asylum. And anyone the slightest little bit in his was was steamrolled. Lafamila, Scot, even back to the Shannahans. And what did Bruce do? Make sure as many people that could be his personal puppets were brought in as possible. Dan was getting none of this because he only dealt with Bruce, while Bruce had complete control of all things under him.

True, but Dan allowed it to happen. Dan hasn’t and may never get to find his sweet spot as an owner. His first 10 years he was too hands on except for Marty & Gibbs years, so 1/2 of the 2000s and this decade it seems that except for the McNabb, RG3 and Haskins acquisitions that he’s been too handsoff especially regarding the culture that Bruce developed. 

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Makes sense, I haven’t bought Redskins year for myself all decade to be honest. I bought my new GF and her son some stuff a few years back though. The last jersey I got was a Kerrigan jersey but my best friend got me that for Christmas in 2011, I didn’t buy it, I wear it every Sunday during the season. I do support the players though, especially this young group, I’m very excited to see them play.

I haven't bought much from them in the past decade to be honest.  I got a Norman jersey when the Nike ones came out, as my Reebok ones were fast becoming obsolete.  I got a custom one made for my uncle, but that was it.  I got some season ticket holder stuff but that's it.  The tickets are the only thing left for me, and as I've detailed, I have a lot of positive memories and with a move to DC or VA I probably am not renewing at that point due to the travel distance, so I was hoping to get in as many seasons as I could until that time.  I don't think I can even do the tickets anymore.