Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The devils are too undisciplined for me to notice at the current point in time. I know that the slashing thing was something that they were supposed to crack down on, so I was expecting more calls there. The rest of it, I honestly can't tell. I thought that there was one questionable call on the Devils tonight on the Bratt penalty, but for the most part, when I watch and they're called for something, they are guilty lol

Really hoping I get switched back to 1st shift. I hate that I'm missing the majority of this start. 

• Like 1

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Really hoping I get switched back to 1st shift. I hate that I'm missing the majority of this start. 

Honestly, I've already watched more games than I did last year and the year before I think. I don't exactly live in the New Jersey market lol. But this year I've seen the majority of them, missed a couple. Luckily, games on the east coast start at around 4 here, and I work from home and have my son until 6 usually before the gf gets home, so honestly, the timing is perfect lol

Just now, Forge said:

Honestly, I've already watched more games than I did last year and the year before I think. I don't exactly live in the New Jersey market lol. But this year I've seen the majority of them, missed a couple. Luckily, games on the east coast start at around 4 here, and I work from home and have my son until 6 usually before the gf gets home, so honestly, the timing is perfect lol

lol I'm from Milwaukee so I'm definitely not in the market either. I have to stream games from other sites and that's slightly hard to do at work when it's not local TV (I use Fox Sports Go for the Bucks and Brewers). Sucks but thus is life.

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

lol I'm from Milwaukee so I'm definitely not in the market either. I have to stream games from other sites and that's slightly hard to do at work when it's not local TV (I use Fox Sports Go for the Bucks and Brewers). Sucks but thus is life.

Best thing in the world when they closed our office and made us all remote workers lol. Don't have to pay for daycare (Nevada is one of the most expensive states in the country for it - daycare here is more than my mortgage for the majority of quotes I got), and I just keep my laptop next to my workstation and have the game on while working lol. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ninerfanwheelz said:

Duchene to Ottawa

Turris to Nashville (signed a 6/36 extension)

Samuel Girard, Vladislav Kamenev, a NSH 2nd, Shane Bowers, Andrew Hammand, and OTT 1st/3rd to Colorado

I know pundits keeping talking like Duchene is great but in the admittedly very few (like 1.5) games I've seen it doesn't look anything special. And his stats don't look great either though maybe that is just because the Avs are terrible. Is he really worth all this?

27 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I know pundits keeping talking like Duchene is great but in the admittedly very few (like 1.5) games I've seen it doesn't look anything special. And his stats don't look great either though maybe that is just because the Avs are terrible. Is he really worth all this?

He's still young and definitely talented, probably doesn't live up to draft selection but when we was healthy on remotely competent Avs teams he was good. Sakic is a complete idiot though, he may legitimately have to kill someone to get fired. 

3 minutes ago, broncosfan07 said:

He's still young and definitely talented, probably doesn't live up to draft selection but when we was healthy on remotely competent Avs teams he was good. Sakic is a complete idiot though, he may legitimately have to kill someone to get fired. 

I mean I can't say I know anything about Sakic as an exec but turning Duchene into all that seems pretty good.

Just now, mse326 said:

I mean I can't say I know anything about Sakic as an exec but turning Duchene into all that seems pretty good.

Thought that about the O'Reilly trade but Grigorenko did nothing here and is gone, Zadorov has been a healthy scratch most of the season, Compher hasn't played enough to really say anything about but Sakic also traded a 2nd round pick for Reto Berra. He's a pretty awful GM but the Kronke's don't give a damn about the Avs so the awfulness will go on awhile.

Duchene has not been as great as his draft hype, but he has shown that kind of ability at times.  I think his situation in Colorado has been a factor in that because the Avs are one of the worst run teams in the NHL.  A change of scenery can do him good.  Not seeing anything too big coming back to Colorado, young players are always a gamble.  But teams new that they were going to trade him, so he was devalued due to that.

I feel Nashville made out best in the deal though.  They got IMO the best player in the deal as Turris has proven to be a solid top 6 offensive center and is now locked in long term.  He and Johansen as the top 2 centers and Bonino can slot into a more natural #3C position.  And the prospects they gave up are not too consequential to them.

9 hours ago, broncosfan07 said:

Thought that about the O'Reilly trade but Grigorenko did nothing here and is gone, Zadorov has been a healthy scratch most of the season, Compher hasn't played enough to really say anything about but Sakic also traded a 2nd round pick for Reto Berra. He's a pretty awful GM but the Kronke's don't give a damn about the Avs so the awfulness will go on awhile.

You should not judge this trade prematurely based on past failures. Maybe the prospects don't pan out (I'm only familiar with Sam Girard, who I like) and then it will be fair to criticize this move, but I don't think he did bad here. For a guy that wanted out, this isn't a bad package

1 hour ago, ninerfanwheelz said:

You should not judge this trade prematurely based on past failures. Maybe the prospects don't pan out (I'm only familiar with Sam Girard, who I like) and then it will be fair to criticize this move, but I don't think he did bad here. For a guy that wanted out, this isn't a bad package

It wouldn't really matter who he got back, Avs suck and Sakic sucks.