Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

2 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

I mean, 87 is a huge part of that xD

What's the cupboard look like in terms of defensive prospects for you guys? Forwards are definitely an exciting group but that blue line is pretty terrible, any impact guys on their way? 

Also, what a bloodbath the Metro is/is going to be. The Hockey PDOCast ranked all the teams in order of who you'd want to take over If you were a GM and I'm pretty sure every team in the division was in the top 12 except New Jersey and the Isles

We don’t have any elite D or top shelf D prospects in the system but we definitely have some hopeful youth between Severson, Santini, Butcher and Mueller already on the big club. Colby Sissons and Yegor Rykov look promising as well. We also signed Dyblenko from Russia who is still only 23/24 and provides some defensive promise. Also may have something in Jocktan Chainey and Reilly Walsh but Walsh isn’t in the system yet as he went to Harvard. We also have a few other dmen to watch in college.

We also have plenty of cap space, a forward prospect pool that we could deal from and what’s likely to be a high draft choice in a loaded defensive draft. 

I’m not worried one bit. 

Edited by bkobow05
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

We don’t have any elite D or top shelf D prospects in the system but we definitely have some hopeful youth between Severson, Santini, Butcher and Mueller already on the big club. Colby Sissons and Yegor Rykov look promising as well. We also signed Dyblenko from Russia who is still only 23/24 and provides some defensive promise. Also may have something in Jocktan Chainey and Reilly Walsh but Walsh isn’t in the system yet as he went to Harvard. We also have a few other dmen to watch in college.

We also have plenty of cap space, a forward prospect pool that we could deal from and what’s likely to be a high draft choice in a loaded defensive draft. 

I’m not worried one bit. 

When do you guys think you'll deal Schneider?  He doesn't really fit into the teams' future and he'd bring back some valuable assets assuming he bounces back from last season. 

1 hour ago, flyers0909 said:

When do you guys think you'll deal Schneider?  He doesn't really fit into the teams' future and he'd bring back some valuable assets assuming he bounces back from last season. 

No clue. He’s under contract for 4 more seasons beyond 17-18 so I guess it’d be sometime later in his deal if things don’t progress as expected. All depends on when Blackwood is ready as well. 

10 hours ago, Forge said:

Props to Vegas. First expansion team to win their first three, and I do feel like its a great thing in the wake of the shootings. 

Very powerful intro last night. Think everyone that wasn't a Coyotes fan was happy to see how the game went.

• Like 1

Devils up 4-2 going into the third period on the Leafs. Devils managed to score a shorthanded goal on a 5-3 powerplay, which doesn't happen too often. Watching the game, I still feel like we are on our heels a little bit in the 5-5 play, but man, we can create some action in a hurry.  We had 2 golden opportunities in the second, but Hall missed the net on a good shot, and Henrique went down on a breakaway on a great defensive play. The Leafs have hit the post twice. The PP goal for Zacha was a really nice tic tac toe. I was concerned on the first three power plays...felt like the Leafs were killing them off with ease, so it was nice to get that Zacha goal

• Like 1

Devils win 6-3. I thought that we were outplayed a fair bit, and we need to get the discipline in line - gave the leafs not one, but two 5-3 powerplays. Schneider was great tonight. Otherwise, happy to take the win. Devils have now scored 16 goals in 3 games. We still created our fair amount of action, some odd man rushes. The leafs did eat through out defense, which is a concern, particularly in periods 2 and 3. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Devils win 6-3. I thought that we were outplayed a fair bit, and we need to get the discipline in line - gave the leafs not one, but two 5-3 powerplays. Schneider was great tonight. Otherwise, happy to take the win. Devils have now scored 16 goals in 3 games. We still created our fair amount of action, some odd man rushes. The leafs did eat through out defense, which is a concern, particularly in periods 2 and 3. 

This team is so fun so far. Gonna have a lot of growing pains but the play style is such a change of pace from decades past. I love it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

This team is so fun so far. Gonna have a lot of growing pains but the play style is such a change of pace from decades past. I love it.

Definitely. I still don't think we are going to the playoffs or anything. With all these young players, I think that there is going to come a time this season, say about halfway - 70% through the season, where our legs are just toast from the grind. But I'm super encouraged, and the top echelon teams are going to have to take us seriously moving forward. We are going to be the type of team that none of these playoff teams want to face. I just love it. So aggressive going after the puck, the speed with which we work. And Taylor Hall hasn't even really gotten going yet despite looking great on the ice. He only needs a small sliver of space to break away and create an opportunity. He's breaking out soon.