Jump to content

Official NHL Thread


roysmyboy31
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

These preseason games are unwatchable with the amount of penalties being called.  I get that it's preseason and the slashing/faceoff rules are new, but either the players or refs need to change or I'll quickly stop watching hockey.  

They are enforcing a few different rules this season more strictly. I imagine they are prepping the players for the regular season.

 

On another note, Duchene, reckon he gets traded before the season? During? Or at the draft?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So who are your guys' stand out players in TC?

For the Oilers, recent draft pick Kaller Yamamoto has looked spectacular. He's tiny (5'8 and ~165lbs), but he's looked phenomenal in his time. Chances are he gets 9 games and it sent down to marinate in the minors, but the skill level is off the charts. Him and Pulju will give us some cheap but really good production on the wings for the rest of their ELC.

Oilers in general are looking at a stacked forward group. A team that is 3 lines deep offensively, and the right amount of mix with defensive and physical play. Defense is a little shakey, especially with Sekera gone until December, but lots of young guys have stepped up. Talbot is Talbot.

Really pumped for the season to start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/22/2017 at 1:14 AM, flyers0909 said:

These preseason games are unwatchable with the amount of penalties being called.  I get that it's preseason and the slashing/faceoff rules are new, but either the players or refs need to change or I'll quickly stop watching hockey.  

Yea the refs have been pretty atrocious, hopefully they work out the kinks before next week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nico Hischier has been phenomenal in the pre-season. Here's Chris Ryan's projected opening night roster for the Devils. It's gonna be a rough season again because we are so young but I think it's going to be a fun season as well. Not entirely sure what the consistency of the lines will be but I think it'll be something like this...

Hall-Zacha-Palmieri
Johansson-Hischier-Stafford
Bratt-Henrique-Quenneville
Wood-Blandisi-Noesen

Hayes


Greene-Severson
Moore-Santini
Mueller-Lovejoy

Prout-Butcher

Schneider
Kinkaid

Gonna be a fun team to follow, that's for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bkobow05 said:

Nico Hischier has been phenomenal in the pre-season. Here's Chris Ryan's projected opening night roster for the Devils. It's gonna be a rough season again because we are so young but I think it's going to be a fun season as well. Not entirely sure what the consistency of the lines will be but I think it'll be something like this...

Hall-Zacha-Palmieri
Johansson-Hischier-Stafford
Bratt-Henrique-Quenneville
Wood-Blandisi-Noesen

Hayes


Greene-Severson
Moore-Santini
Mueller-Lovejoy

Prout-Butcher

Schneider
Kinkaid

Gonna be a fun team to follow, that's for sure.

First season in a couple of years that I've really been looking forward to.

 

I'm a little surprised he has Quenneville making the squad. Heck of a job by Bratt this preseason to make the squad (i also am assuming he makes it)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

First season in a couple of years that I've really been looking forward to.

 

I'm a little surprised he has Quenneville making the squad. Heck of a job by Bratt this preseason to make the squad (i also am assuming he makes it)

I'm excited mainly for the youth and the growth from Zacha (he looks GOOOOOOOOOOOD this pre-season). Also, we're going to suck enough to land another high pick in an absolutely loaded defensive draft (which is right up our alley) so we could really revamp quickly. Plus, we'll have over $20 Million in cap space next offseason, again, with only needing to re-sign Santini, Wood, Noesen and, maybe, bring back John Moore (but I don't think he'll be worth the price). 

Just bought a Nico jersey too for $31. Gotta love China. xD

Also, if you would've told me that Bratt was going to make the team at 19 years old, I would've called you crazy. He'll probably end up getting demoted at some point during the season though, especially if Boyle can play and when Zajac gets back.

Edited by bkobow05
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

I'm excited mainly for the youth and the growth from Zacha (he looks GOOOOOOOOOOOD this pre-season). Also, we're going to suck enough to land another high pick in an absolutely loaded defensive draft (which is right up our alley) so we could really revamp quickly. Plus, we'll have over $20 Million in cap space next offseason, again, with only needing to re-sign Santini, Wood, Noesen and, maybe, bring back John Moore (but I don't think he'll be worth the price). 

Just bought a Nico jersey too for $31. Gotta love China. xD

Also, if you would've told me that Bratt was going to make the team at 19 years old, I would've called you crazy. He'll probably end up getting demoted at some point during the season though, especially if Boyle can play and when Zajac gets back.

I agree that he'll probably get demoted at some point, but great showing by him to force the issue nonetheless. Stafford has shown a lot more than I thought he would as a buy low vet FA. He'll probably get moved at the deadline, but I consider that a win if we are able to get a solid return for him after signing him this off season for peanuts. That's really the best I could ask for.

Also, Mueller has looked very good this preseason. He and Santini worked really well together last night, and I'm hoping that we keep them as a pairing into the regular season. It's definitely going to be a season that has some major bumps and rough patches, but really excited about these young guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...