Packers 2020 Training Camp

Brat&Beer

55 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

All this positivity around Josh Jackson's camp thus far feels like a trap.

i don't think so.  if i remember correctly he was hurt last year during training camp, and then didn't really play much during the season.  I suspect we will see him on the field a lot this year, so time will tell

49 minutes ago, snackattack said:

i don't think so.  if i remember correctly he was hurt last year during training camp, and then didn't really play much during the season.  I suspect we will see him on the field a lot this year, so time will tell

tenor.gif?itemid=16928048

“I don’t think so but I could check with the kitchen.”

I'll be that guy and say I haven't fully given up on Shepard yet.  Don't normally see slot guys that can extend for the ball like that, and it sounds like he's picking up where he left off last TC.  I realize his actual NFL season was a nightmare, but he's hardly the first rookie to not be ready for the speed of the game.  You can do a lot with a guy who can run a whip route and the skinny post.

• Like 1

As we all know the bottom end of the roster are mostly filled up with players who will mainly play special teams. It made me wonder who would be projected to play gunner for us.

We typically keep about 4 guys on the roster who will rotate their gunner duties.

Last year Sullivan, Redmond, Jackson and Lazard had alot of ST snaps and I assume many of those snaps were at gunner. EQ did look decent at it in one preseason game where he forced a TD but then he got injured for the season. I think Kumerow did some and Tony Brown did some before getting cut.

Would it surprise you to learn that MVS does not play any ST? Only 2 snaps last year!! Without looking I would've thought for sure he was one of our gunners considering his size and speed. Kadar Hollman did very little as he was a game day inactive almost every week.

Since Lazard is now no.2 WR and Sullivan is probably replacing most of WIlliams nickel & dime snaps so it certainly appears we're going to need some new gunners.

There were some tweet about Malik Turner and Begelton doing some nice things at gunner today. I'm projecting we will keep 6 WRs on the roster at most. The first 5 seems obvious but that 6th spot is totally up in the air and that will almost certainly comes down to who is the better ST. The 6th guy and EQ probably makes one half of our gunner group. 

I'm struggling to incorporate Redmond on the final 53 so his spot could potentially be taken by Vernon Scott. I expect Jackson to remain on the roster but Ento could be a potential threat to his gunner spot. I wonder if Hollman might finally show something here.

Edited by Chili

50 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Has MVS returned punts? I know our WRs aren't exactly expendable, but I feel like I haven't seen a PR TD in 15 years.

Or at least since Micah Hyde left. He had 3 touchdowns on punt returns.

Fast forward to the present - I’m presuming the return jobs are Ervin’s to lose, but I did notice he had 2 fumbles on 16 punt returns last year with the Packers...

Edited by JQ1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Chili said:

I'm struggling to incorporate Redmond on the final 53 so his spot could potentially be taken by Vernon Scott. I expect Jackson to remain on the roster but Ento could be a potential threat to his gunner spot. I wonder if Hollman might finally show something here.

The thing about Redmond is that he is a safety that can play corner and he plays special teams.  A guy that can help the roster in a lot of ways is very useful.  Kind of like Jarrett Bush.

I think Vernon Scott will be a special teams stand out from day 1.  

Without seeing anything with my own eyes, and not actually sitting down and making a list, Redmond and Scott are both on MY roster.  But at this point there are a lot of those DBs that I have not seen at all, so that can easily change, and I could be dead wrong too.    

40 minutes ago, JQ1 said:

Or at least since Micah Hyde left. He had 3 touchdowns on punt returns.

Fast forward to the present - I’m presuming the return jobs are Ervin’s to lose, but I did notice he had 2 fumbles on 16 punt returns last year with the Packers...

Cobb did his rookie year but I only remember this because I watched the full game on youtube the other day. Good call on Hyde.

• Like 1