Games that could work as movies?

KManX89

29 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

None. They'd be better off as TV shows than movies. The story telling is too rushed in movies.

Not always. Some things like Mass Effect where every character is important and has a ton of depth, yes. For games where most of what you do is side missions and the characters are limited I see no reason why it can't be a movie. The Farcry games for instance. The plot is tight and so is the cast of characters. 

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I think Mass Effect could be turned into a GoT/Walking Dead type TV show - instead of it being centered around Commander Shepard, it could be around the crew of the Normandy. 

Yeah, it would definitely excel as a TV show over a movie imo. There is so much to explore, and the first game is a great season 1 arc to open it up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

I think Mass Effect could be turned into a GoT/Walking Dead type TV show - instead of it being centered around Commander Shepard, it could be around the crew of the Normandy. 

Mockumentary style like The Office or Parks and Rec IMO.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah, it would definitely excel as a TV show over a movie imo. There is so much to explore, and the first game is a great season 1 arc to open it up.

I'm thinking you can split 1/2 into three seasons each to really dig into it.

S1 - ME1: Prologue, Exposing Saren, Artemis Tau (Liara joining the crew) Noveria (Liara watches her mom die as Season Finale).

S2 - ME1: Feros, Cerberus foreshadowing with Kohaku, Bring Down the Sky, Virmire (keep Wrex after a "more dramatic" fight between Wrex and Shepard... and death of Ashley as Season Finale?)

S3 - ME1/ME2: Ilos, Citadel/Sovereign, Destruction of SR1 (Shepard gets spaced as the season finale, soft introduction to the Collectors)

S4 - ME2: This is where you get creative. What were the course of events that led to Garrus going to Omega and becoming Archangel? How did Liara start working with the Shadow Broker and Feron? What was the Homecoming like for Wrex and Tali? How were Kaiden/Joker treated by the Alliance? Allow others to get center stage, with a mid-season reveal of Shepard still alive and recovered by Cerberus. Four recruited in season (Mordin, Grunt, Jack, Archangel in season finale).

S5: Horizon mission, Kaiden confrontation, recruiting Samara, Thane, Lair of the Shadow Broker, loyalty missions for everyone currently in crew.

S6: Recruit Tali to open season, Reaper IFF/Legion, Legion loyalty mission, Tali loyalty mission, crew kidnapped, Suicide mission (a few die - nobody gonna miss Jacob) season finale is Arrival (Shepard destroys Batarian colony, surrenders to Alliance).

S7: All of ME3. Changes: Kal Reeger and Capt. Kirrahae join the crew for a few episodes before dying heroic deaths, and Sidonas redeems himself by saving Garrus' family on Palevan.

I'm sure I'm missing a ton of stuff, but this is my original thought...

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm thinking you can split 1/2 into three seasons each to really dig into it.

S1 - ME1: Prologue, Exposing Saren, Artemis Tau (Liara joining the crew) Noveria (Liara watches her mom die as Season Finale).

S2 - ME1: Feros, Cerberus foreshadowing with Kohaku, Bring Down the Sky, Virmire (keep Wrex after a "more dramatic" fight between Wrex and Shepard... and death of Ashley as Season Finale?)

S3 - ME1/ME2: Ilos, Citadel/Sovereign, Destruction of SR1 (Shepard gets spaced as the season finale, soft introduction to the Collectors)

S4 - ME2: This is where you get creative. What were the course of events that led to Garrus going to Omega and becoming Archangel? How did Liara start working with the Shadow Broker and Feron? What was the Homecoming like for Wrex and Tali? How were Kaiden/Joker treated by the Alliance? Allow others to get center stage, with a mid-season reveal of Shepard still alive and recovered by Cerberus. Four recruited in season (Mordin, Grunt, Jack, Archangel in season finale).

S5: Horizon mission, Kaiden confrontation, recruiting Samara, Thane, Lair of the Shadow Broker, loyalty missions for everyone currently in crew.

S6: Recruit Tali to open season, Reaper IFF/Legion, Legion loyalty mission, Tali loyalty mission, crew kidnapped, Suicide mission (a few die - nobody gonna miss Jacob) season finale is Arrival (Shepard destroys Batarian colony, surrenders to Alliance).

S7: All of ME3. Changes: Kal Reeger and Capt. Kirrahae join the crew for a few episodes before dying heroic deaths, and Sidonas redeems himself by saving Garrus' family on Palevan.

I'm sure I'm missing a ton of stuff, but this is my original thought...

I think you have to do ME1 into 1 season. There are parts of it you could pull for others (like Wrex side story), but I think Season 1 would have to conclude with Saren and then preparing for the Reapers. It sets the tone for the rest of it.