CFB Misc News Thread

naptownskinsfan

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Tennessee is the latest to get caught doing what most schools are likely doing.

More than 200 infractions? Clear lack of institutional control, and the program should receive the Death Penalty. Pathetic to cheat so much and still suck.

4 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Tennessee is the latest to get caught doing what most schools are likely doing.

This was from the Jeremy Pruitt time and someone from Tennessee turned them in. Most think it was a cop out to find a way out of paying the rest of his contract. Absurd it’s taken this long to resolve but that’s the NCAA for you. Tennessee comes out ahead by about 10 million between firing the staff for cause and this fine. Gains scholarships back as they were self-imposing a steeper reduction. 

Ridiculous that one of the infractions was Pruitt paying for a kid’s mom’s medical bills but welcome to America and college sports I suppose. 

Edited by titansNvolsR#1

• 2 weeks later...

Harbaugh expected to be suspended four games for lying to people.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/michigan-coach-jim-harbaugh-expected-to-be-suspended-four-games-for-false-statements-to-ncaa-per-reports/

Good thing Michigan is playing 4 schools to open the season that anyone in here could coach and win those games.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

7 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Harbaugh expected to be suspended four games for lying to people.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/michigan-coach-jim-harbaugh-expected-to-be-suspended-four-games-for-false-statements-to-ncaa-per-reports/

Good thing Michigan is playing 4 schools to open that season that anyone in here could coach and win those games.

I'm sure I could find a way. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I can't decide who was more destined for this. The NCAA suspending someone for buying a recruit a hamburger in the age of 8 figure NIL deals, or Jim Harbaugh for being the dork who got caught paying for a recruit's anything.

It's just such a stupid thing to lie about also. The whole thing is just strange. 

4 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

It's just such a stupid thing to lie about also. The whole thing is just strange. 

The funniest part is it started because the NCAA found a receipt. Dude makes $10MM a year and budgets down to the $10 hamburger for a recruit, with receipts.

From a commitment to personal finance perspective I respect it, but Harbaugh got caught because he's a dork.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The funniest part is it started because the NCAA found a receipt. Dude makes $10MM a year and budgets down to the $10 hamburger for a recruit, with receipts.

From a commitment to personal finance perspective I respect it, but Harbaugh got caught because he's a dork.

That's actually pretty funny. I didn't read that is how this all went down and just makes the situation even more silly than I already thought it was.