Laurent Duvernay-Tardif first player to opt out of 2020 season

kingseanjohn

13 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

From the NFL, yeah, but he's volunteering at a hospital. May as well give him the Walter Payton Man of the Year award now.

Think they only give that to nfl players 

• Like 3

Good for him.

He's opting out to go take on a noble activity that I assume is much more risky in terms of contracting the virus than participating in the NFL. This doesn't warrant headlines suggesting this will be the start of a swarm of players saying playing is not worth the risk.

42 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Good for him.

He's opting out to go take on a noble activity that I assume is much more risky in terms of contracting the virus than participating in the NFL. This doesn't warrant headlines suggesting this will be the start of a swarm of players saying playing is not worth the risk.

We'll see. Players have 7 days to decide. I know Rodney Hudson spoke out about his wife being immunocompromised and he's worried about that.

I think we'll see a few more players take the option but I don't expect a mass exodus this week.

Edited by kingseanjohn
grammar

1 hour ago, Boltstrikes said:

Walked away from almost 3 million dollars and a chance at a second super bowl to help people. I know it’s not the best news for The Chiefs organization but sure does feel good for humanity. 

Until you read humanity's replies to his announcement. 

• Like 2