Jump to content

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif first player to opt out of 2020 season


Recommended Posts

Walked away from almost 3 million dollars and a chance at a second super bowl to help people. I know it’s not the best news for The Chiefs organization but sure does feel good for humanity. 

  • Like 12
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

From the NFL, yeah, but he's volunteering at a hospital. May as well give him the Walter Payton Man of the Year award now.

I don't blame him one bit. He's worked hard to get where he is on the field and in the hospital.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

From the NFL, yeah, but he's volunteering at a hospital. May as well give him the Walter Payton Man of the Year award now.

Think they only give that to nfl players 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good for him.

He's opting out to go take on a noble activity that I assume is much more risky in terms of contracting the virus than participating in the NFL. This doesn't warrant headlines suggesting this will be the start of a swarm of players saying playing is not worth the risk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Good for him.

He's opting out to go take on a noble activity that I assume is much more risky in terms of contracting the virus than participating in the NFL. This doesn't warrant headlines suggesting this will be the start of a swarm of players saying playing is not worth the risk.

We'll see. Players have 7 days to decide. I know Rodney Hudson spoke out about his wife being immunocompromised and he's worried about that.

I think we'll see a few more players take the option but I don't expect a mass exodus this week.

Edited by kingseanjohn
grammar
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boltstrikes said:

Walked away from almost 3 million dollars and a chance at a second super bowl to help people. I know it’s not the best news for The Chiefs organization but sure does feel good for humanity. 

Until you read humanity's replies to his announcement. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...