Jamal Adams traded to Seattle

August4th

Bottom line for Seattle is their O line and D line isn't good enough.  And even with all the changes that is still a large key to winning football.   Mahomes is the man, but KC doesn't win Super Bowl without Schwartz and Jones.   

Adams doesn't change that.  He makes them better, he would make anyone better, but he doesn't play O line or D line.  

They have some fine high end talent in Wilson, Lockett, Metcalf, Wagner and now Adams - but they lack quality across enough positions to be true contenders and their depth is bad.

They could still be a playoff team because they are well coached and Wilson is a good player.  But I think SF is clearly better than them, Rams are bit more talented and Cards are catching up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Bottom line for Seattle is their O line and D line isn't good enough.  And even with all the changes that is still a large key to winning football.   Mahomes is the man, but KC doesn't win Super Bowl without Schwartz and Jones.   

Adams doesn't change that.  He makes them better, he would make anyone better, but he doesn't play O line or D line.  

They have some fine high end talent in Wilson, Lockett, Metcalf, Wagner and now Adams - but they lack quality across enough positions to be true contenders and their depth is bad.

They could still be a playoff team because they are well coached and Wilson is a good player.  But I think SF is clearly better than them, Rams are bit more talented and Cards are catching up.

Right, this isn't the NBA. You can't win with just a few stars. That being said I still don't think it's a bad trade for them. Adams is only 24 years old. He could be a pro bowler for the next 10 years. They can improve their trenches without those two first rounders.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Adams is a fantastic player no need for Jets fans to try and down play that aspect.  I do think I'd have made this trade 9 times out of 10 even if he wasn't a headache.

Adams is a complete narcissist both on and off the field.  There is a reason you haven't seen one ex player wish him well.  Let that sink in for a min.

Jets made a great trade and one that given how JD maneuvered his first draft should give hope that possibly as early as next year this Jets team will be in a great position.

I love JD coming out basically calling Adams a lier in his interview.  Just goes to show you what type of person Adams is when you have to year other people down to get what you want.  Will miss his play but good riddance as a so called leader in the locker room.

Don't you think a change of scenery and getting older (Adams is just 24) and on a team with a player friendly coach and more respected veterans could completely negate what you're saying about Adams though? He's probably going to be on cloud 9 in Seattle. Hard to see him being a problem at all for them. The trade seems like a win/win to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

Don't you think a change of scenery and getting older (Adams is just 24) and on a team with a player friendly coach and more respected veterans could completely negate what you're saying about Adams though? He's probably going to be on cloud 9 in Seattle. Hard to see him being a problem at all for them. The trade seems like a win/win to me.

No. He’s a me first guy. It’s all about him. That’s not going to change but it’s more bearable when you’re winning.

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

No. He’s a me first guy. It’s all about him. That’s not going to change but it’s more bearable when you’re winning.

I think there are more examples of star players with selfish (or at least perceived as selfish) personalities becoming less so as they age. 

It’s not like he’s young Richard Sherman level distracting, and even Sherm calmed down a lot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

I think there are more examples of star players with selfish (or at least perceived as selfish) personalities becoming less so as they age. 

It’s not like he’s young Richard Sherman level distracting, and even Sherm calmed down a lot.

You’ll see. It’s honestly gotten worse year by year. 

35 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You’ll see. It’s honestly gotten worse year by year. 

Most players don’t come out with egos to that extent. They develop it after early stardom. Hell, the Jets are one year in on a player that basically did the same thing Jamal did and there’s been no locker room implosion yet. It isn’t a problem 99% of the time, don’t see why it will be with Adams after his extension. 

On 7/25/2020 at 3:53 PM, KingOfNewYork said:

I personally hated seeing Adams in a deep half or third. He's better going downhill. His instincts are better there.

When I think the about the possibilities when the Bears all but took Adams at 3 and E Jackson in the 4th. Would’ve been the best S duo in NFL history, and I truly believe that.

34 minutes ago, Zopound said:

When I think the about the possibilities when the Bears all but took Adams at 3 and E Jackson in the 4th. Would’ve been the best S duo in NFL history, and I truly believe that.

Possibly true because Adams and Maye were really good together and Jackson is better than Maye. 

I absolutely love the way Adams plays, and he can be a difference-maker in a position/role that rarely is.  But ehhh...that's so much to give up.  Even the best impact SS like Kam in his prime, i'm not sure that's worth what those picks could be for a team that is dealing with the cap realities of what an elite QB costs.

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This is just a weird reply. But okay. 

Very weird indeed lol. Maye is really good, Jets safeties usually don't get too many INts because of a lack of pass rush. INTs are generated usually when QBs are rushed or forced to make bad decisions.  I'm not saying Jackson isn't better, just that making a comment like Maye is bad. 

Jamal Adams is a star, hes a great player. But he is a me first guy and fake, it was clear he wasn't really respected by players on the team as no one congratulated him. He got what he wanted, he wanted off the Jets. He has a fragile ego and I don't think he liked being on a bad team, he wants it easy and to go to a team that can win now. Thats why hes a fake leader as well, if he was really a leader he'd be there for the ups and downs. Hes the kind of guy who gives up when its tough.  The Jets are a team heading in the right direction, I have faith that Gase is going to be fired after this season and hopefully Joe Douglas hires the right man for HC.   The Jets will be a desirable spot because of a young QB with tons of talent, and loads of draft picks and cap flexibility.  Losing Adams hurts with young talent, but the dude wouldn't shut up and was mentally fragile. 

so far in Joe Douglas' reign as GM of the Jets. Whether a move worked out or not, it has always been a sound decision. He knows what he wants and how to build a roster correctly, vs our previous Gms who were completely incompetent. 

After seeing how Joe Douglas operated in his first draft, I am very excited to see how he operates next draft with real ammo. 2 firsts, a 2nd, and 2 3rds.   Certainly have the ability to really build this roster correctly, because most of the Jets issues have been our last GM ignored premium positions and we are weak at the spots that matter.  Whether this past Jets draft is actually good or not remains to be seen, but Douglas seemed to understand how to work a board and address value/needs.  Cause this Jets roster had too many issues. 

• Like 1

I dont understand the "Too much to draft capital for an All Pro". Look at picks 20-32 from 2018-2014 years :

Pro Bowlers

2018 (1/12 ; L Jackson)

2017 (2/12; Watt, T. White)

2016 (1/12 ; K. Clark)

2015 (1/12 ; B. Jones)

2014 (4/12 ; HHCD, Verrett, Ford, Bridgewater)

Thats 9 Pro Bowlers out of 60 picks [15%]. And Pro Bowls are such a low bar nowadays. Realistically, you are lucky IF you nab an above average starter in that zone. To me, those two fliers are well worth a legit All Pro. I guess one way of looking at it is if you prefer having ideally two starters for 6-7 million  or an All-Pro making 15-16 million [Which for Adams probably wont even kick in until 2021 or 2022].

Edited by animaltested