Jamal Adams traded to Seattle

August4th

On 7/25/2020 at 5:14 PM, Warhorse said:

I guess I'm too old. I can't understand jack in that quote. 

Hootin and Hollerin is definitely not new slang. If anything you might be too young to understand it.

He is basically saying its weird how Jamal was recruiting him only to leave. Also that internet has got people doing things for attention even if they dont believe it. 

Not sure how both are related though

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

What do the Jets need to be successful soon?

Talent and consistency. I think we have the front office to add the talent finally and our coaching staff is good enough IMO. But if we keep switching coaches and GMs every couple years we’ll never get it right. 

Edited by KingOfNewYork

2 hours ago, OhioG said:

Hootin and Hollerin is definitely not new slang. If anything you might be too young to understand it.

He is basically saying its weird how Jamal was recruiting him only to leave. Also that internet has got people doing things for attention even if they dont believe it. 

Not sure how both are related though

They’re related because of social media culture. Where people post things on Social Media (the Internet) to make things sound/seem better than what it is. Eg: The married couple who is struggling to hold on yet post happy family pictures to keep up appearances.

Bell is relating this concept to Jamaal Adams recruiting. Adams likely talking about how things are changing and how the team is on the up and up and how the coach and GM have a vision for building this team into division champs, only for a year later for him to be chirping to the media about how he’s felt the Jets front office has been “dysfunctional” this whole time. Meaning he KNEW it was a toxic situation, yet he was still trying to recruit people INTO that situation.

Which is true. Regardless of how anyone feels about Bell, that point can’t be contested here. If I work at a company that’s legitimately trash and I hate it, why would I go out of my way to recruit someone to work for my company? It’d be one thing if that person joined of their own volition. Or if they asked me my opinion and I was upfront with them about the culture of the team. But to recruit them? That’s legitimately messed up.

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

Getting McDougald is an underrated  aspect of this deal. To get a seasoned replacement for Adams who in all my watching appeared solid on top of all that draft capital ensures less of a step back for the defense.

Indeed. The Jets got a good haul back for a player that was surely going to leave. My best offer for Adams would have been Earl Thomas and a 2nd, but seeing what the Jets got in return it’s clear they got back great value.

That said, usually I’m not a fan of such deals where teams give up multiple picks. But this is the first time I’m a fan. I think while the Seahawks paid a pretty penny, this is equally a great deal for them. They no longer have Russ carrying the team, he’s simply going to be carrying the offense. With Adams in tow, I think the defense can carry its own weight now. Pairing a Wilson led offense with what I think has the look of a top 10 defense and that’s a scary squad IMO. I now have them as my favorite in the NFCW. 

Adams was all talk then lied to a beat reporter about team dysfunction. He also had a conversation with Bell recently where he made it seem like he wanted to stay with the team, Bell went on the radio and said as much. Adams is a phony and a fraud but he’s been that way since day 1.

6 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I now have them as my favorite in the NFCW.

I don't think I'll go that far - and I like Seattle as well. It's moreso to do about the quality of that division lately. San Francisco and Los Angeles both improved, Arizona has an offense that might be one of the most potent in the league - this division is going to be a warzone.

I'll say that whoever wins this division will be in the NFCCG. 

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

San Francisco and Los Angeles both improved

I must be forgetting some LA moves...

They cut out Gurley, Cooks, Littleton, Fowler, Mathews, and Weddle. Mostly dead weight, you could argue, but who’d they bring in that’d make you say they improved overall?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I must be forgetting some LA moves...

They cut out Gurley, Cooks, Littleton, Fowler, Mathews, and Weddle. Mostly dead weight, you could argue, but who’d they bring in that’d make you say they improved overall?

*Shrug*

I can concede this. Three of the four improved.

Just now, ET80 said:

Franchise tag - $12mm for a S, so it might be economical to play out this season and tag him next off-season.

He's got two years left on his rookie deal then he can be tagged. Part of what made his contract demands to the Jets so obnoxious. 

• Like 2