Covid19 Megathread: Titans Shutting Down Facilities Due to Many (8) Positive Tests

BobbyPhil1781

1 minute ago, CKSteeler said:

Because what you said is just bull and never actually happened? What did actually happen is that Harbaugh cried to the league repeatedly and the Steelers had to go to Baltimore on a short week (an actual disadvantage). I'm sorry that Harbaugh and the Ravens come up small in primetime games. Really, I am. Tears and everything. Playing in prime time on the road isn't an actual disadvantage any self-respecting head coach should be crying about.

Um, no?

You're just factually incorrect? Lol can't tell if you're just misinformed or a liar. I'm banking on liar.

The Ravens have had the least home MNF games in the league since 2008. Last night was their 3rd. 

They've played at Heinz Field 7 times in primetime in the last 9 seasons, and the Steelers have played at M&T once in primetime in that span.

Stop lying to make yourself look better. 

And Harbaugh and the Ravens have the league's best record in primetime home games at 14-2 you absolute clown 😂😂 😂😂

Man it must be exhausting just being so wrong so hard in such a small post. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

And Harbaugh and the Ravens have the league's best record in primetime home games at 14-2 you absolute clown

Oh...so you mean the perennial whiners in Baltimore get home primetime games?

11 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

The Ravens have had the least home MNF games in the league since 2008. Last night was their 3rd.

So focusing on MNF is in fact cherry picking?

12 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

They've played at Heinz Field 7 times in primetime in the last 9 seasons, and the Steelers have played at M&T once in primetime in that span.

2009 - Steelers played at Baltimore in primetime

2010 - Steelers played at Baltimore in primetime

2013 - Steelers played at Baltimore in primetime on Thanksgiving/short week

2014 - Steelers played at Baltimore in primetime on a short week/Thursday game

So your stat is bull. The Steelers also had actual competitive disadvantages besides playing under the bright lights in that they had to go into Baltimore on a short week in two of those games. They didn't play in prime time last year at all. And playing on primetime isn't an actual advantage for a team, home or away. You watching at home doesn't will your team to victory.

9 minutes ago, August4th said:

The scenario I outlined is unlikely because, as I've also said, this is a scenario that will come up multiple times throughout the season. The league isn't going to want to set a precedent. But leave it to a Baltimore fan to hold a 12 year grudge about having their bye week shifted around because Houston had a hurricane.

2 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Really wish the media would learn the nomenclature. They didn''t "test positive for Covid", they tested positive for the virus designated Sars-Cov-2 (or a piece of RNA there of). Covid19 is "Coronavirus Disease 2019", a set of clinical symptoms associated with the virus. You can't be tested for that, it's just a syndrome of connected symptoms.

If you have a positive test - assuming you're not one of the false positives, which can be caused by myriad factors - then you have (or have had at some point in the past) come into contact with the virus (or possibly one of the other coronaviruses, it's not a good test). You don't have "Covid" unless and until you display the symptoms - which most people won't (asymptomatic in anything up to 80% of cases).

The media conflating asymptomatic carriers with people who actually have a disease has caused so much unnecessary confusion and fear during this whole ordeal.

You can be asymptomatic and still spread Covid 19 to others on the team and staff.

31 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Back to the news - the really troubling aspect from a league perspective is the knowledge that the OLB coach tested positive on Friday.   I know the stock answer is that the players tested negative on Sunday - but that's hardly surprising or comforting, given the time lag between exposure and test positivity.   

The players who were exposed and now tested positive could create a massive cascade.  MIN can only wait and hold their breath.    Hopefully this sinks in to every team and every player / coach / staff member to realize how they could become a patient zero for a team outbreak.

The fact the coaches tested positive does show why distancing and masking (along with good hand hygiene) is necessary, even if you aren't on the field.   Hopefully it's a lesson only 1-2 teams have to learn, for the rest of the league to adapt and tighten their practice.    There should really ever only be 1 case like this, every team & the league need to adjust and adapt accordingly, if they want the season to complete. 

Thank you for this post.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Back to the news - the really troubling aspect from a league perspective is the knowledge that the OLB coach tested positive on Friday.   I know the stock answer is that the players tested negative on Sunday - but that's hardly surprising or comforting, given the time lag between exposure and test positivity.   

The players who were exposed and now tested positive could create a massive cascade.  MIN can only wait and hold their breath.    Hopefully this sinks in to every team and every player / coach / staff member to realize how they could become a patient zero for a team outbreak.

The fact the coaches tested positive does show why distancing and masking (along with good hand hygiene) are necessary, even if you aren't on the field.   Hopefully it's a lesson only 1-2 teams have to learn, for the rest of the league to adapt and tighten their practice.    There should really ever only be 1 case like this, every team & the league need to adjust and adapt accordingly, if they want the season to complete. 

yes. and i'm still going to keep banging on this drum- with this knowledge, which is common to anyone who has been paying any kind of attention and certainly should have been common to anyone involved in planning the NFL's covid response, there's no way the game against the vikings should have happened on schedule after it was found that the OLB coach was positive. it's crazy that the nfl's protocol allows for it, knowing the chance for false negatives in the immediate aftermath.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Oh...so you mean the perennial whiners in Baltimore get home primetime games?

So focusing on MNF is in fact cherry picking?

2009 - Steelers played at Baltimore in primetime

2010 - Steelers played at Baltimore in primetime

2013 - Steelers played at Baltimore in primetime on Thanksgiving/short week

2014 - Steelers played at Baltimore in primetime on a short week/Thursday game

So your stat is bull. The Steelers also had actual competitive disadvantages besides playing under the bright lights in that they had to go into Baltimore on a short week in two of those games. They didn't play in prime time last year at all. And playing on primetime isn't an actual advantage for a team, home or away. You watching at home doesn't will your team to victory.

Thanks for making me go back to look up the stat, because it’s much worse than i thought. 

Last 6 seasons it’s been 5 primetime games in Pittsburgh and 0 in Baltimore.

Whatever, you got your wish. You won’t have a slight competitive disadvantage - the other team will have a major one without practicing this week.

Cant wait for the Ravens to ruin your Thanksgiving in that (not so coincidentally) primetime game later this year at Heinz.  

Take care

Edited by Ray Reed

16 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

yes. and i'm still going to keep banging on this drum- with this knowledge, which is common to anyone who has been paying any kind of attention and certainly should have been common to anyone involved in planning the NFL's covid response, there's no way the game against the vikings should have happened on schedule after it was found that the OLB coach was positive. it's crazy that the nfl's protocol allows for it, knowing the chance for false negatives in the immediate aftermath.

Well the other option would have been to take out the players exposed.   Obviously that would have implications on competitive balance.   The fact the league & Titans took a “let’s hope it’s all ok” & did nothing doesn’t happen again.   

Edited by Broncofan

43 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Well the other option would have been to take out the players exposed.   Obviously that would have implications on competitive balance.   The fact the league & Titans took a “let’s hope it’s all ok” & did nothing doesn’t happen again.   

I keep seeing players missing time as a competitive disadvantage...I get the practice part but how is a player being ruled out any different from getting hurt?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, whitehops said:

what, that transmission rates are significantly lower when wearing a mask and social distancing?

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Please keep this thread geared to football ramifications, not discussion about the virus itself.

Reminder, there is a thread for that if that's what you want to discuss: