Covid19 Megathread: Titans Shutting Down Facilities Due to Many (8) Positive Tests

BobbyPhil1781

12 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I keep seeing players missing time as a competitive disadvantage...I get the practice part but how is a player being ruled out any different from getting hurt?

It's that the exposed players would get ruled out so late in the week, and likely not just 1 guy.  I mean, in theory that could have been the entire LB corps. That kind of sudden inactive  doesn't happen with injury.   And teams usually have time to adjust and make roster moves.   Imagine if the entire LB corps is ruled out Saturday because the LB coach tested positive on Friday.  That's not an injury type scenario, and it's a massive disadvantage to the team affected (yes injuries happen, but rarely on Fri/Sat, and not more than 1 guy).

Edited by Broncofan

11 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It's that the exposed players would get ruled out so late in the week, and likely not just 1 guy.  I mean, in theory that could have been the entire LB corps. That kind of sudden inactive  doesn't happen with injury.   And teams usually have time to adjust and make roster moves.   Imagine if the entire LB corps is ruled out Saturday because the LB coach tested positive on Friday.  That's not an injury type scenario, and it's a massive disadvantage to the team affected (yes injuries happen, but rarely on Fri/Sat, and not more than 1 guy).

Broh

Life is Life

James White was pretty sudden absence week 2

11 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Broh

Life is Life

James White was pretty sudden absence week 2

Again, though - would all the RB's get inactivated?   That's what happens when a RB coach tests positive, if he's been with the RB group at practice.   

If it's one guy, sure - them's the breaks.   But you can have whole units ruled out if you go with ruling out exposed players, and late in the week.   That is just something you don't see.   

People trying to look at "it's happened before" aren't looking at the unique part about ruling out exposed players with contact tracing once someone tests positive - it's not just 1, it's likely a cohort, at one position.   The UNC - Charlotte game was cancelled outright because the Charlotte entire OL had to go on quarantine, IIRC.

FWIW, I'm all for ruling out exposed players, and playing the games where possible, cancelling if they can't - doing nothing was the wrong call.  It's just that if a coach/player tests positive, most likely their contacts wipe out a group of players in the same unit from playing.   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, warfelg said:

We don’t even know what players tested positive yet. So how about we wait for that before making all these assumptions that an entire positional group will be out. 

The UNC-Charlotte game was cancelled among others because the OL were in quarantine.  It's not an assumption, it's already happened.

Some situations will have a clear imbalance created, some won't.   And again, FTR, regardless, I'm all for isolating, ruling out exposed guys, and playing the games (or cancelling it if teams can't field the team).   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

If there's one thing we know about NFL players, it's that they're not bright when it comes to things like this. The Raiders held an event this week and no one wore a mask. At a time when accountability is key, the stupidity of individuals whose only responsibility is to wear a mask, stay 6 feet away from strangers, and not interact in close proximity with people outside their familial bubble is incredible.

The coaches not actually wearing their masks is yet another instance of this. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If there's one thing we know about NFL players, it's that they're not bright when it comes to things like this. The Raiders held an event this week and no one wore a mask. At a time when accountability is key, the stupidity of individuals whose only responsibility is to wear a mask, stay 6 feet away from strangers, and not interact in close proximity with people outside their familial bubble is incredible.

The coaches not actually wearing their masks is yet another instance of this. 

Last night Harbaugh pulled down his mask to yell at an official. Should be fined for that. 

• Like 1