Pats are releasing Sanu

tab

3 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

BB the GM had a terrible year last year. Mistakes all across the board, but most especially the handling of the offensive skill positions.

I was just about to say....are we still pretending like every move that BB makes is gold and he can do now wrong orrrrrrrrrr what---because trading a 2nd round pick for a guy who did absolutly nothing for you would get 90% of other GMs in this league flamed on these boards.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I was just about to say....are we still pretending like every move that BB makes is gold and he can do now wrong orrrrrrrrrr what---because trading a 2nd round pick for a guy who did absolutly nothing for you would get 90% of other GMs in this league flamed on these boards.

I have never seen a Patriots fan do that, even at the height of In BB We Trust. It was really more of a saying for when we were questioning the moves lol

I think last year in particular saw a lot of pressure from ownership due to the uncertainty of TB12 to push for another SB. It led to short sighted moves and some desperation ones as well. Its not an excuse, more of an explanation. It's the type of thing teams do when they are two years up two years way down but never quite a contender. Hoping now that TB12 is gone the pressure is off and the FO can make whatever moves they feel are best long term. I am a fan of all they have done since TB12 left. 

The Falcons easily won that trade. They got Hayden Hurst and Jaylinn Watkins for 8 games of Mohamed Sanu where Sanu caught 26 balls for 207 yards and 1 TD. This also opened up the offense for Russell Gage to get some looks. Gage gave the Falcons 45 catches for 402 yards and a TD. Mohamed Sanu made $6 million last year and had a $6.5M cap hit. Gage made $570k last year and had a $609,048 cap hit. The move saved 6.5M on the 2020 cap table for the Falcons as well. 

45 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I have never seen a Patriots fan do that, even at the height of In BB We Trust. It was really more of a saying for when we were questioning the moves lol

I think last year in particular saw a lot of pressure from ownership due to the uncertainty of TB12 to push for another SB. It led to short sighted moves and some desperation ones as well. Its not an excuse, more of an explanation. It's the type of thing teams do when they are two years up two years way down but never quite a contender. Hoping now that TB12 is gone the pressure is off and the FO can make whatever moves they feel are best long term. I am a fan of all they have done since TB12 left. 

Yeah, still strange to me how the Patriots havent had a legit outside WR thread since Randy Moss lol They have been trying to plug that position for a decade with random draft picks and value FA signings but with no luck.,

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah, still strange to me how the Patriots havent had a legit outside WR thread since Randy Moss lol They have been trying to plug that position for a decade with random draft picks and value FA signings but with no luck.,

I mean they won 3 SBs since Moss left and none while he was here. Pretty satisfied with those results despite the inability to find a consistent outside threat. They have had them come in and out. 

meanwhile EVERYONE and their moms praise NE for doing terrific business and always knowing what they are doing *eye roll* 

2nd round pick for some trash

NE hasnt done good business in years and honestly , never were able to draft a good WR for TB12 (Gronk is not a WR)

and somehow ppl still think NE are going to make the playoffs this year smh

IF they make the playoffs it will be because that division is so awful and the expanded playoffs 

come @ me NE truthers

1 minute ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

meanwhile EVERYONE and their moms praise NE for doing terrific business and always knowing what they are doing *eye roll* 

2nd round pick for some trash

NE hasnt done good business in years and honestly , never were able to draft a good WR for TB12 (Gronk is not a WR)

and somehow ppl still think NE are going to make the playoffs this year smh

IF they make the playoffs it will be because that division is so awful and the expanded playoffs 

come @ me NE truthers

OMG they made a mistake?! That must negate 20 straight years of legit SB contendership and 6 SB wins and all the decisions that led to them, right???? Listen NO ONE is going to have a perfect streak. This was a bad decision, no question. There have definitely been other bad decisions. However, they are still a very good FO. 

Was Deoin Branch not good?

Was Julian Edelman not good?

The draft isnt the only way to bring in talent either, not sure why it has to be drafted or the FO be damned. 

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

OMG they made a mistake?! That must negate 20 straight years of legit SB contendership and 6 SB wins and all the decisions that led to them, right???? Listen NO ONE is going to have a perfect streak. This was a bad decision, no question. There have definitely been other bad decisions. However, they are still a very good FO. 

Was Deoin Branch not good?

Was Julian Edelman not good?

The draft isnt the only way to bring in talent either, not sure why it has to be drafted or the FO be damned. 

not my point 

point is everyone lauds NE for being so savvy and knowing what they are doing and the reality is Brady has been the deoderant covering up the stench for years, testament to Brady being great and covering up alot of mistakes

yet some still question if BB knows something we dont bc he "let" brady walk