Week One Game Day therad: Packers At Minnesota Football Team Vikings

MacReady

6 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Does anyone else feel like the Bears are going to be the harder out within the division?

Like don’t get me wrong I think Vikings are a tough out and I don’t expect GB to steam roll them but with all the changes on defense and the subtractions on offense. They don’t seem as stacked as years past.

No.  There is something that you forgot.  The Bears still suck.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Does anyone else feel like the Bears are going to be the harder out within the division?

Like don’t get me wrong I think Vikings are a tough out and I don’t expect GB to steam roll them but with all the changes on defense and the subtractions on offense. They don’t seem as stacked as years past.

I think the Lions are the team to watch this year in the North. I think the Bears finish 4th with that offense.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I think the Lions are the team to watch this year in the North. I think the Bears finish 4th with that offense.

Really? That defense is trash though. And Stafford at this point needs to prove he can stay healthy.

If so then that offense will be sneaky good in the nfl.

I don’t know I just think the Bears have a legit Super Bowl type defense. And although they will start with Mitch I wouldn’t be surprised when they switch to Foles that they start winning consistently.

Not like they will make the playoffs or anything... I just think they will prove to be the bigger thorn in the Packers side this year.

Edited by Green19

10 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Really? That defense is trash though. And Stafford at this point needs to prove he can stay healthy.

If so then that offense will be sneaky good in the nfl.

I don’t know I just think the Bears have a legit Super Bowl type defense. And although they will start with Mitch I wouldn’t be surprised when they switch to Foles that they start winning consistently.

Not like they will make the playoffs or anything... I just think they will prove to be the bigger thorn in the Packers side this year.

Bears aren't the same on the back end of that defense. Still a good front 4, but I doubt they win more than 6-7 games. I fear the Lions more because they have the most dangerous passing attack in the division and the 2nd best QB. Defense is a wildcard but Detroit could surprise. 

17 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Hated it. I like watching fringe players battling for roster spots in live games. I'm fine with not playing any starters but I think it was sorely missed for evaluating 2nd-3rd tier players.

I really wanted to see the OLB rush group outside of the top 3 this preseason.  I think we had a very good group, but we never got to see it.  

I also would have liked to see what opposing teams had an extra D-Lineman they would have to cut.

On 9/4/2020 at 10:13 PM, Krauser said:

Hunter has a “tweak” (as per Zimmer) and hasn’t practiced for weeks. Decent chance he won’t be back in time. Good news for whoever ends up playing RT.

Hughes is 23 and has only played ~700 career snaps in 2 years. Not much of a veteran and not sure he’s legitimate. 

CB1 is probably Holton Hill, who’s even younger than Hughes (by a month) and even less experienced (~500 career snaps).

The rookies Gladney and Dantzler probably both play as CB3/CB4 in whatever order. Gladney’s still been bothered by his knee and Dantzler had a great camp, so it might be the 3rd rounder playing ahead of the 1st rounder, as an outside corner in nickel (with Hughes outside in base and pushing in to the slot in nickel).  

Oldest corner on the Vikings roster is Kris Boyd, who turns 24 next weekend. 

See...this is why I don't think you guys get to 11 wins...

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I really wanted to see the OLB rush group outside of the top 3 this preseason.  I think we had a very good group, but we never got to see it.  

I also would have liked to see what opposing teams had an extra D-Lineman they would have to cut.

19 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Hated it. I like watching fringe players battling for roster spots in live games. I'm fine with not playing any starters but I think it was sorely missed for evaluating 2nd-3rd tier players.

No Victor Cruz 2.0, no Vic So'oto 2.0, no other dudes battling their way onto the roster, and no IDL from other teams showing up big and finding their way onto our 55...

"that really chaps my ***" - Brian Billick

20 hours ago, packfanfb said:

They can't stay healthy and their FO is one of the worst in the league. They're a masturbatory team every year....literally...

On 9/5/2020 at 5:36 PM, packfanfb said:

Bears aren't the same on the back end of that defense. Still a good front 4, but I doubt they win more than 6-7 games. I fear the Lions more because they have the most dangerous passing attack in the division and the 2nd best QB. Defense is a wildcard but Detroit could surprise. 

We struggled twice against them last year....