Week One Game Day therad: Packers At Minnesota Football Team Vikings

MacReady

Interesting looking at the depth chart on Packers.com (for what it is worth) that Billy Turner listed as RT and Wagner his back up and Lane Taylor as starting RG.

Ervin is listed as RB not a WR 

Tonyan as TE #2 and Sternberger as #3 

Oren Burks listed as the other ILB starter alongside Kirksey

3 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Interesting looking at the depth chart on Packers.com (for what it is worth) that Billy Turner listed as RT and Wagner his back up and Lane Taylor as starting RG.

Ervin is listed as RB not a WR 

Tonyan as TE #2 and Sternberger as #3 

Oren Burks listed as the other ILB starter alongside Kirksey

Was kind of surprised by Lancaster as starting DL 3 over Keke.

It will be interesting to see how the squad actually lines up. I’m interested in:

-How many snaps does each TE get? We didn’t keep a FB so does that mean Degura gets 15 snaps a game in a H back role?

- OLB- how often do we see all 3 on the field?

-Greene- in 2019 as safety 3 he was essentially going to start as a hybrid lb. Will that happen or will Burkes get more run

-Rb 2- how will the stable look throughout the year

25 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Was kind of surprised by Lancaster as starting DL 3 over Keke.

It will be interesting to see how the squad actually lines up. I’m interested in:

-How many snaps does each TE get? We didn’t keep a FB so does that mean Degura gets 15 snaps a game in a H back role?

- OLB- how often do we see all 3 on the field?

-Greene- in 2019 as safety 3 he was essentially going to start as a hybrid lb. Will that happen or will Burkes get more run

-Rb 2- how will the stable look throughout the year

If you recall, last season the TEs lined up in the backfield quite a bit.  I think they like that better than telegraphing the "FB" being in there.  Vitale was not utilized as much as say Kuhn had been in the past.  Does that mean Deguara gets those snaps, or will Tonyan or Lewis just motion into the backfield? My guess is that Deguara gets more snaps as the season progresses, as is typical with rookies.

Burks has to be an athlete that they want on the field.  But he has to show that he can football good, or he will be replaced.  

A casual observation about this game:  the Rodgers-led Packers have typically started out slow in the first couple games of the season, whereas if I recall correctly, the Vikings under Zimmer seemed more ready out of the gate.  With no pre-season games, and with Minny’s young roster, I’m thinking both teams will come out more rusty than usual.  Edge Packers, just because.

Peter Bukowski -   Rick Wagner allowed just 2 pressures in 2 games against the Vikings last year. If he's the Week 1 starter for an injured Billy Turner, that's a heck of a backup plan.

• Zach Kruse -    Was surprised to see this when I looked. Definitely was expecting to see a bunch of pressures allowed to Hunter.

31 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Chris Myers, Greg Jennings and Brock Huard with the call. https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2020&wk=1 Interesting that a portion of southwest Illinois getting Packers/Vikings instead of Bears/Lions. Are these former st. Louis fans who hate Chicago?

01-FOX-E.png

That is the St. Louis market.  St. Louis is a pretty good mix of fans, we have a big Packers fan base here.  We had the Packers preseason games on one of the local stations after the Rams left.  Are we #1? I don't know.  It is probably close between Packers, Cowboys, and Chiefs.  I have a friend that has a big Browns party on Sundays too.  Of course there are also a lot of Bears and Steelers fans as well.  Decent following for the Saints as well.

[edit] Most St Louis fans hate all things Chicago.  But their basketball alliance is probably with the 90s Bulls.  There are a lot of U of I grads in StL as well, so that could explain some of the Bears support, and Chicago is otherworldly big compared to the rest of the midwest.  

Edited by ThatJerkDave