How is Mike Mayock doing so far?

MrOaktown_56

17 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Guenther sucked, but his suck was absolutely and undeniably enabled by Gruden and Mayock being bad at their job or too stupid to know better. 

Agreed. With almost every guy we've brought in over the past three years we've heard the words "scheme fit" as to why we signed/drafted them. Gruden and Mayock went out of their way to bring in guys that fit his scheme and our defense was terrible.

• 1 month later...

Allbright seems like a tool but he's seemingly super plugged in. I wouldn't expect a huge move like Mayock being fired to happen right away, but would people be happy with MM being shown the door before next off season? I for one don't think he has much of anything to offer and is clearly in over his head. I wonder if Gruden would resume GM duties, or if he'd hire another puppet? 

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Allbright seems like a tool but he's seemingly super plugged in. I wouldn't expect a huge move like Mayock being fired to happen right away, but would people be happy with MM being shown the door before next off season? I for one don't think he has much of anything to offer and is clearly in over his head. I wonder if Gruden would resume GM duties, or if he'd hire another puppet? 

He’s in wayyyy over his head and has no idea what he is doing. 

Also when it comes to the draft, value matters. Value builds Championships. They don’t care about value. 

I don't want one gone i want BOTH GONE!!! Playoffs or retire. NO EXCUSES. I'd trust polls on this board for building a better team than they have. TRASH! TRASH I SAY!!!

• Like 2

@G My mind hasn’t changed. 2nd and 3rd Rounds were solid, but this team doesn’t care about value. This regime will never win a championship. Maybe if they get Rodgers and he carries them to a title, but I doubt Mayock/Gruden would win even with Rodgers. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You will never win a Super Bowl Championship if you don’t care about value in the draft. 

We go 'safe' and solid early with no upside then projects with upside 3rd and above. It hasn't worked yet and yet they don't LEARN from their mistakes. Just think the scrubs we got a DT who have 1 year deals needed a young guy to make them feel some heat. I'd like to say I trust them to have gotten what wee need to run the system but I just see dinos in an AI world. Which is funny because I'm a dino myself and I can draft better than this...

If we fired Mayock tomorrow, it wouldn't be soon enough. He's an amateur who is spit balling at best. He has played the roll of  GM like an amateur. He drafts like an amateur. He is an amateur. 

And Gruden can go with him. They both suck. 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

You will never win a Super Bowl Championship if you don’t care about value in the draft. 

hmm i dunno, the pats are not the best drafters. . . 
they literally have a type, and go for those guys

10 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

hmm i dunno, the pats are not the best drafters. . . 
they literally have a type, and go for those guys

SpyGate first 3 SB’s, basically the equivalent of what the Astros did. NFL downplayed the heck out of it with a huge ESPN report surfacing in 2014 with how bad it really was, basically a super sophisticated/advanced program where they knew everything other teams were gonna do. 

As for the other three, Brady is the GOAT. Elite QB is everything. Soooo important. If we got Rodgers, we’d be 5x better instantly. 

I'm more than ready to see Mayock go. And Chucky as well. Sad to say as I pounded the table for his return well before he was brought in too. Honestly, if we don't get better this year, I think we're staring at another full tear down and rebuild

• Like 2

Mayock is obviously struggling putting his board together without being able to ring other teams to see how they value players like he did as a draft analyst. 

Gruden has always been a poor player evaluator. 

However if the players work out or most do and the team wins it will be forgotten. We need to win this year no doubt or both should be gone. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

SpyGate first 3 SB’s, basically the equivalent of what the Astros did. NFL downplayed the heck out of it with a huge ESPN report surfacing in 2014 with how bad it really was, basically a super sophisticated/advanced program where they knew everything other teams were gonna do. 

As for the other three, Brady is the GOAT. Elite QB is everything. Soooo important. If we got Rodgers, we’d be 5x better instantly. 

Haha yea I know was just messing with you, I agree with your point. 
just absolute statements are tough to make