2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

I can’t explain why, but I expect him to rise up the boards. We both know this happens with guys every year. Players always rise and fall. As you know, Jaylen Twyman was viewed a potential top 10 pick back in August and won’t likely sniff the first (or possibly even second) round now. Personally, I think Barmore is a 2nd round talent, but I think the lack of DTs in this draft coupled with his very solid performance against ND will help him. If he has a great game against Ohio State, I think he’ll be a lock for the mid-1st round.

I have no dog in the fight; haven’t watched him closely yet. But certainly. Aaron Donald and Fletcher Cox were mocked as late-first, early-second round guys at this point in the process, too.

It would be nice if a difference-maker DT revealed themselves over the next few months. I haven’t researched this, but I would guess that Alabama players tend to be fallers instead of risers, just because of the hype and spotlight of the school. Maybe Barmore will be different; he’s on my list now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I have no dog in the fight; haven’t watched him closely yet. But certainly. Aaron Donald and Fletcher Cox were mocked as late-first, early-second round guys at this point in the process, too.

It would be nice if a difference-maker DT revealed themselves over the next few months. I haven’t researched this, but I would guess that Alabama players tend to be fallers instead of risers, just because of the hype and spotlight of the school. Maybe Barmore will be different; he’s on my list now.

Gimme Twyman all day. 

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

And you know that I’m happy to hear your take on him, whether you agree with my opinion or not. Like I said, I think he’s a 2nd round guy, but unconventional things typically happen in the draft.

21 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

And you know that I’m happy to hear your take on him, whether you agree with my opinion or not. Like I said, I think he’s a 2nd round guy, but unconventional things typically happen in the draft.

Maybe I don’t follow... why are you interested in him at #10 if you think he’s a 2nd round guy?

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Maybe I don’t follow... why are you interested in him at #10 if you think he’s a 2nd round guy?

I think he’ll be one of those guys who rises up the boards into a top 10-15 pick after the Combine and private workouts. I should’ve been a little clearer. Sorry about that.

Edited by plan9misfit

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

What I’ve been saying. Crossing my finger he goes earlier. And if the Eagles take him, we party.

Agree with this completely.

For now my top guys at 10 would be

Patrick Surtain
Daviyon Nixon
Trevon Moehrig
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
Kyle Pitts....though I don’t really like it

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Patrick Surtain
Daviyon Nixon
Trevon Moehrig
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

I'd add Twyman to that list. Think he's gonna shoot up draft boards.

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Patrick Surtain
Daviyon Nixon
Trevon Moehrig
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

Interesting list.

A couple of questions:

-No Farley?
-I’ve not watched Moehrig yet, but also not seen his name anywhere close to the top-10. Got a primer on why you like him so much? 

And a couple of comments:

-Would be totally happy with Surtain.  
-I don’t think I’ll get off the JOK train. He’s probably my favorite prospects in the draft. But I do wonder if I shouldn’t get my hopes up about the Cowboys drafting him. I kind of think they’ll end up viewing cornerback as a cleaner selection that requires less creativity to make work.    
-Agreed on Pitts

8 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Interesting list.

A couple of questions:

-No Farley?
-I’ve not watched Moehrig yet, but also not seen his name anywhere close to the top-10. Got a primer on why you like him so much? 

And a couple of comments:

-Would be totally happy with Surtain.  
-I don’t think I’ll get off the JOK train. He’s probably my favorite prospects in the draft. But I do wonder if I shouldn’t get my hopes up about the Cowboys drafting him. I kind of think they’ll end up viewing cornerback as a cleaner selection that requires less creativity to make work.    
-Agreed on Pitts

Farley - probably should be there, but for now I’m on the fence as to where he lands. Curious to see if his opt out hurt his stock, while players like Horn, Wade, Thomas, and Kendrick all played this season and performed very well.

Nixon - Believe he is the DT1 in this class by a decent margin come draft time. Assuming there is a combine, I would expect him to do very well. Maybe viewed as a little raw, but 13.5 TFL and 5.5 sacks in 8 gm from DT spot is outstanding. 

Moehrig - I admit I’m probably way higher on him than anyone else at the moment and #10 is probably a stretch at best tbh. That said, everything you want in a FS he has. His production in coverage is outstanding. 

JOK - Agree with your assessment.

17 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Farley - probably should be there, but for now I’m on the fence as to where he lands. Curious to see if his opt out hurt his stock, while players like Horn, Wade, Thomas, and Kendrick all played this season and performed very well.

I don't really disagree with anything you say here. I just think Farley's potential and instincts jump off the screen in a way that it doesn't for the others.

19 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Nixon - Believe he is the DT1 in this class by a decent margin come draft time. Assuming there is a combine, I would expect him to do very well. Maybe viewed as a little raw, but 13.5 TFL and 5.5 sacks in 8 gm from DT spot is outstanding. 

I still need to watch more of him. I like what I have seen. He strangely reminds me a little bit of Cameron Jordan coming out of Cal. He's high cut, lean, and has really good agility for a DT. Like, I think there's definitely an alternative universe where he didn't gain the extra 10-15 pounds and was viewed as a bit of a tweener like Jordan was. From what I've seen, I think he's a 1st round player, especially if I was a team that needed a 5T. But I haven't seen the top-10 talent, myself. If he ends up in that range, I feel like that is more a result of a weak DT class than him being truly deserving. But I'll watch some more.

34 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Moehrig - I admit I’m probably way higher on him than anyone else at the moment and #10 is probably a stretch at best tbh. That said, everything you want in a FS he has. His production in coverage is outstanding. 

Cool, moving him up on my list of players to watch.