2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

On 1/4/2021 at 4:23 PM, plan9misfit said:

I think he’ll be one of those guys who rises up the boards into a top 10-15 pick after the Combine and private workouts. I should’ve been a little clearer. Sorry about that.

Made him my prospect for today. And I'm on board. For sure Barmore could end up as a top-15 pick. He's a better prospect than Daron Payne, who the Redskins took #12. But I don't think he's as good as Vita Vea, who the Bucs also took at #12. But that range could make sense. Extremely powerful, well built, can really move, and is just scratching the surface. He's going to be a handful to deal with in the NFL. 

If you told me we could trade back, nab an extra 2nd rounder, and land Barmore with our 1st pick... I'm in. #10 is just a little rich for me, given the players I expect to be on the board.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Made him my prospect for today. And I'm on board. For sure Barmore could end up as a top-15 pick. He's a better prospect than Daron Payne, who the Redskins took #12. But I don't think he's as good as Vita Vea, who the Bucs also took at #12. But that range could make sense. Extremely powerful, well built, can really move, and is just scratching the surface. He's going to be a handful to deal with in the NFL. 

If you told me we could trade back, nab an extra 2nd rounder, and land Barmore with our 1st pick... I'm in. #10 is just a little rich for me, given the players I expect to be on the board.

I agree 100%. But you can see why I feel that he’ll fly up the boards. If he has a dominating game on Monday, he’s a top 15 pick. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

The depth at WR in this years draft is pretty nice. We could add another piece in the 3rd or 4th.

That's true. Get a solid WR to take over for Cooper or Gallup. 

• Like 1

Anyone have a link for all 22 film? I had a site a few years back that was great, but I’m totally blanking on its name. It had a list of all the prospects by position, with links to each of their game films. Tired of trying to track stuff down on YouTube and it’s only been a week.

My 2 cents on the DT conversation is I just don’t see it with Twyman, atleast not from the couple clips Ive seen so far. Just because he’s undersized and went to Pitt doesn’t mean he’s an AD clone. I much rather have Nixon and Barmore from what I’ve seen so far.

3 hours ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

Anyone have a link for all 22 film? I had a site a few years back that was great, but I’m totally blanking on its name. It had a list of all the prospects by position, with links to each of their game films. Tired of trying to track stuff down on YouTube and it’s only been a week.

I think you are thinking of Draft Breakdown, which doesn’t exist anymore. I know if previous years some people on Reddit have kept updated spreadsheets with links, but I haven’t found one this year. YouTube is annoying, but that’s what I’ve been doing.

4 hours ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

My 2 cents on the DT conversation is I just don’t see it with Twyman, atleast not from the couple clips Ive seen so far. Just because he’s undersized and went to Pitt doesn’t mean he’s an AD clone. I much rather have Nixon and Barmore from what I’ve seen so far.

It’s like you read my mind, haha. Was just coming in here to post mostly this after watching him today.

When you read the profile, you could certainly be forgiven for thinking he’s the next Aaron Donald. But after watching him, the reality isn’t there. But that’s an unfair standard to hold anyone to. Literally every human on planet Earth falls short of him as a defensive tackle.

The guys has some nice moves. It’s clear to me he works at his craft. He can be quick off the ball, and he can hold his ground in the run game despite his size.

To me, he’s in a similar tier to the other DT we’ve drafted in recent history... the Neville Gallimore, Trysten Hill, Maliek Collins range of talent. Certainly capable of being a solid 3T in the NFL. But is he worth a top-50 asset, given the current status of the roster? I’d argue that no, he doesn’t improve your upside as a team in the near-to-medium term when it’s likely a long road for him to win snaps away from Gallimore (and Hill) given he’s behind on experience.

Barmore is far higher on my list. 

25 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I think you are thinking of Draft Breakdown, which doesn’t exist anymore. I know if previous years some people on Reddit have kept updated spreadsheets with links, but I haven’t found one this year. YouTube is annoying, but that’s what I’ve been doing.

It’s like you read my mind, haha. Was just coming in here to post mostly this after watching him today.

When you read the profile, you could certainly be forgiven for thinking he’s the next Aaron Donald. But after watching him, the reality isn’t there. But that’s an unfair standard to hold anyone to. Literally every human on planet Earth falls short of him as a defensive tackle.

The guys has some nice moves. It’s clear to me he works at his craft. He can be quick off the ball, and he can hold his ground in the run game despite his size.

To me, he’s in a similar tier to the other DT we’ve drafted in recent history... the Neville Gallimore, Trysten Hill, Maliek Collins range of talent. Certainly capable of being a solid 3T in the NFL. But is he worth a top-50 asset, given the current status of the roster? I’d argue that no, he doesn’t improve your upside as a team in the near-to-medium term when it’s likely a long road for him to win snaps away from Gallimore (and Hill) given he’s behind on experience.

Barmore is far higher on my list. 

Give Nixon a watch too, you’ll like what you see there

26 minutes ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

Give Nixon a watch too, you’ll like what you see there

Yeah, written about him a couple of times on here about him. I haven’t given him a full look yet, but I do like what I see. Right now, I view him as a guy who could be an extremely good 5T, but he certainly can be a really good lineman in a 4 man front.

When I try to game out the actual draft, it’s hard for me to see an obvious scenario where he makes sense to end up as a Cowboy, but I’m not familiar enough with the entire draft class to say for sure. In a trade down scenario, I’m probably more enthusiastic about Barmore and Horn at the moment, and if you trade down too far, Nixon probably doesn’t fall to you.

On 1/6/2021 at 8:18 AM, WizardHawk said:

Moehrig - I admit I’m probably way higher on him than anyone else at the moment and #10 is probably a stretch at best tbh. That said, everything you want in a FS he has. His production in coverage is outstanding. 

Alright, watched Moehrig today.

There are enough things to love, that make you think this guy could eventually become a stud safety. But there are also enough thing that make you wonder if you should invest a first round pick in him.

To start with the good, he’s a solution to our centerfield issues for sure. He’s a legit free safety with range, instincts, and a nose for the ball. You can probably plug him back there week 1, and see an upgrade in coverage over anything we trotted out there as a deep safety. Down the line, with more experience, he might really develop into an interception machine.

There’s still a lot for him to learn. He can be late diagnosing, which, given the short time he’s been playing safety, makes sense. He is a willing tackler, but I imagine he’s going to have his share of Twitter lowlights where he over-pursues, or takes a ridiculous angle, and looks silly. He has big strides to make here.

I’ve done enough work on other top prospects at this point to feel pretty confident I wouldn’t touch him anywhere near #10. Especially the way safeties tend to fall in the draft. But he’s 100% going to be high on my wishlist for our 2nd round pick.

• Like 2