2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

26 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

If we go TE in the first round with the way Schultz played and Blake Jarwin returning, I’ll lose faith in this staff real quick! 

If he’s the 2020s All-Decade TE, you won’t care that we took him over some solid DT prospect.

I agree that TE is not the ideal need-value fit for us. But you don’t pass on special talent, just because it’s not your most immediate need. Pitts is special.

1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

If he’s the 2020s All-Decade TE, you won’t care that we took him over some solid DT prospect.

I agree that TE is not the ideal need-value fit for us. But you don’t pass on special talent, just because it’s not your most immediate need. Pitts is special.

I mean...if the defense continues to be a problem though...and you lose games 55-48 because you can't stop anybody...

5 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Was Jason Witten not special? Did he help us win a championship? Yes I know he wasn’t a 1st or even a 2nd round pick, but we have major issues on Dline and Oline and Secondary. You mean to tell me that there isn’t a player worth a top 10 pick at one of those position groups that at or near Pitts?? 

8 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I'm all in on Pitts as well. If he's the BPA on your board you take him. Unfortunately it doesn't look like there's many elite defensive prospects this year.

5 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Was Jason Witten not special? Did he help us win a championship? Yes I know he wasn’t a 1st or even a 2nd round pick, but we have major issues on Dline and Oline and Secondary. You mean to tell me that there isn’t a player worth a top 10 pick at one of those position groups that at or near Pitts?? 

You stick to your board.  If Pitts is your highest rated player available and you're up you take him.

3 minutes ago, Northland said:

You stick to your board.  If Pitts is your highest rated player available and you're up you take him.

I’ll be looking for a trade down and acquire some additional draft capital and value 

Edited by textaz03

59 minutes ago, romo2bryant said:

Farley/Surtain or hear me out... we trade Gallup/Cooper for Quinnen Williams and take Pitts

FWIW, on the Alabama/Notre Dame game one of the analysts said in 20 years of evaluating draftees, Surtain is the most technically sound CB he has evaluated.  Shuts down half the field.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

idk. Pitts is an exception talent and a mismatch in so many ways, but I just don’t know how the best available defensive talent isn’t the focus with all the premium picks. The defense needs so much help at all 3 levels.

FA is going to be huge this year. They have to get it right for once.

41 minutes ago, D82 said:

I mean...if the defense continues to be a problem though...and you lose games 55-48 because you can't stop anybody...

I mean, putting Pitts at #4 on my short list after 3 defensive players doesn’t mean I don’t think defense should be a priority. But if Pitts is the clear-cut BPA, you have 3 additional top-100 picks, free agency, and trade options (Gallup or future picks, potentially) to fortify the defense. 

36 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Was Jason Witten not special? Did he help us win a championship? 

If you wouldn’t spend the #10 pick to have Jason Witten again, then our team-building philosophies are so different, it’s not even worth a conversation. If Pitts turns out to be a HOF player like that, there is zero doubt it would be a good pick. 

39 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

You mean to tell me that there isn’t a player worth a top 10 pick at one of those position groups that at or near Pitts?? 

Nope, I don’t mean to tell you that. I named 3 defensive players above Pitts on my short list.

15 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

idk. Pitts is an exception talent and a mismatch in so many ways, but I just don’t know how the best available defensive talent isn’t the focus with all the premium picks. The defense needs so much help at all 3 levels.

FA is going to be huge this year. They have to get it right for once.

Yup, I agree. Hence my listing of defensive players ahead of Pitts. But the top of the defensive draft class is weak, and I’m not taking some second tier prospect over an elite one just because it’s a need.

I don’t think Pitts is likely to end up being the pick. Nor do I want it to play out that way. But I hope the Cowboys aren’t foolish enough to get caught with their pants down and not plan for the possibility that he is clear BPA and I don’t have a good trade down offer.

38 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

I’ll be looking for a trade down and acquire some additional draft capital and value 

Yup, I’m team trade down all the way this year, almost no matter who is on the board. See, I’m reasonable, despite the fact that I put Pitts 4th on my early shortlist like an insane person, apparently!

39 minutes ago, Northland said:

FWIW, on the Alabama/Notre Dame game one of the analysts said in 20 years of evaluating draftees, Surtain is the most technically sound CB he has evaluated.  Shuts down half the field.

Like I’ve said before, I am very confident that Surtain will be a really good player. But if I have to choose, give me the guy with a chance to be great. That’s Caleb Farley. 

6 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I mean, putting Pitts at #4 on my short list after 3 defensive players doesn’t mean I don’t think defense should be a priority. But if Pitts is the clear-cut BPA, you have 3 additional top-100 picks, free agency, and trade options (Gallup or future picks, potentially) to fortify the defense. 

Your original post didn't have that in it 😉

I wouldn't hate Pitts assuming we've filled some of our defensive needs via FA and can't trade down. 

I don’t think people realize how much of a mismatch issue it is with Pitts, Jarwin and Schultz alone at TE.

Now coop and gallup on the outside and ceedee in the slot? 

sheesh 

oh yeah btw we got pollard and zeke too. It’s tough for anyone to tell me  Kellen Moore wouldn’t know how to use all those pieces and figure it out during a normal season.

whatever your 1st round pick it is , you want it to make the most impact on your team. with having that many pieces to work with, it’s going to be tough for nfl defenses to field good matchups for them every week

Edited by canadaluvsdallas