2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

2 hours ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

No to double dipping, or no to the player at 44?

I’m not really sure the upside is there if you took a CB in the 1st round. If he works out and stays healthy, what’s the best case scenario? He moves an already really good corner in Diggs to the bench? I just think #44 is a really valuable resource that could be better spent.

A double dip scenario that might make more sense could be passing on CB at #10, taking Farley at #44, then coming back with a corner that falls to #75 or #99 (Melifonwu, Campbell, Robinson, Adebo?)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I would absolutely take a flyer on Farley at 44. 

I would not be upset if we passed on it - but me personally? Let's ride.

We’d also need to know who else is still on the board at that spot. If, for example, Trevon Moehrig, Christian Barmore or Jaelan Phillips is there, would you still draft Farley? I wouldn’t, because there’s no value in drafting another CB because you’d lose the opportunity to land a starter at another position.

Edited by plan9misfit

6 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

We’d also need to know who else is still on the board at that spot. If, for example, Trevon Moehrig, Christian Barmore or Jaelan Phillips is there, would you still draft Farley? I wouldn’t, because there’s no value in drafting another CB because you’d lose the opportunity to land a starter at another position.

I agree. There is going to be a legit day 1 starter at another position. I’m not opposed to Farley at #44, but not if I’ve already taken Surtain or Horn at #10.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Rather take Samuel at #44 than Farley if both available.    At least you know Samuel has a good chance to start at nickel cb, and since nickel is the package we are most in it makes sense to me.  

I really want to see us get a athletic FS with speed in this draft some where by round 4...

I personally would not grab Surtain at 10 then another CB at 44. At that spot LB has so many interesting options, or even OL makes more sense.  Now if Moehrig is there then you grab him.