2020 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

14 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Perone looks to be out several weeks. So you can pencil in RB as a need for us as well big time In the offseason. Good FA class and good draft though.

He’s not special to begin with. I’d sign a guy whose complementary and draft a guy before day 3. Perine is a good #3. 

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

He’s not special to begin with. I’d sign a guy whose complementary and draft a guy before day 3. Perine is a good #3. 

So far, Perine looks like Bilal.  He will be a good complimentary RB but nothing special.

4 minutes ago, xrade said:

So far, Perine looks like Bilal.  He will be a good complimentary RB but nothing special.

He’s only played a few games.... so it’s hard to tell.

But I think he has shown that he can’t be our starting RB. So that needs to be addressed in FA or draft. And I know most don’t like drafting a RB high... but Perine was a mid rounder and a guy we liked, and fact is he isn’t a starter. You want a starter. You have to spend starter draft value on the position. If we don’t get a good guy in FA I want a RB with that SEA 1st or our 2nd

6 minutes ago, xrade said:

I would take Bilal in a heartbeat...haven’t even seen that yet from Perine. Hopefully that’s who he becomes but Perine has really been underwhelming so far.

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I would take Bilal in a heartbeat...haven’t even seen that yet from Perine. Hopefully that’s who he becomes but Perine has really been underwhelming so far.

Exactly. I like Perine’s skill set... but he did nothing in his time to warrant being a legit guy for us. Can’t remember who it was on this board that hyped McGuire after a few good games a year (much like a lot of guys here did after Herndons rookie year). And the sample Size is so small that to anoint anyone as a legit weapon that early is just jumping the gun. 

There is no way I see Joe Douglas going into the 2021 season with the running backs we have on the roster now. I am sure he will keep Perine, I think he will help as time goes on, but we need I big time multi purpose back, we just can't have a passing attack without a running attack. The last few years our running backs are averaging 3.5 yards per carry and that is unacceptable.

6 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Look at the line he has to run behind and the fact that gase loves running between the tackles. Hell, Curtis Martin would suck. Again, Perine would make a good complimentary RB. I see that as his ceiling.

I doubt JD addresses RB early in the draft. Too many more important positions need to be addressed. Look for a FA RB it a trade. 

3 hours ago, Dr.O said:

I’d love to add Jamal Williams this offseason, think he could be a bug time contributor if given the opportunity 

There’s reveal guys I’d like. Him being one. Marlon Mack and Philip Lindsay are others that shouldn’t cost much. There’s some Big names that hit FA too. But after Bell. I highly doubt we go that route.

49 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

There’s reveal guys I’d like. Him being one. Marlon Mack and Philip Lindsay are others that shouldn’t cost much. There’s some Big names that hit FA too. But after Bell. I highly doubt we go that route.

The problem is you just don't know when you pick up a FA.  Bell was a total bust with the Jets yet Chris Ivory & Curtis Martin played great. It sure looks like when these FA sign these huge contract, some not all never seem to play like they did with there previous team. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya he's in my top few RBs in this class. Harris, Etienne, Hubbard and Gainwell are the big difference makers I see.

I’d love us to draft a big back (200lbs+) and someone like Hubbard has the ability to take it the house on every play too so I see him like a Derek Henry type. Obviously not as big as him because let’s face it that kid is unique. If only he was a free agent this year....🤓🤔
Maybe Hubbard or someone similar can have the same type of impact for us. We need playmakers everywhere 

Edited by xenajets

2 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I’d love us to draft a big back (200lbs+) and someone like Hubbard has the ability to take it the house on every play too so I see him like a Derek Henry type. Obviously not as big as him because let’s face it that kid is unique. If only he was a free agent this year....🤓🤔
Maybe Hubbard or someone similar can have the same type of impact for us. We need playmakers everywhere 

Not just bc they went to the same school... but if you want a Henry type guy. Harris is the guy. But I don’t think he makes it to our SEA pick. Etienne I think will. But I just don’t think JD doesn’t sign someone in FA to where he views RB as a 1st round need or even a 2nd round need. I hope I’m wrong.