2020 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

28 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I very much prefer getting the first pick in the draft lol keep rolling Darnold out 

Oh absolutely. Darnold cant get the team into the endzone. In the rare trip to the RZ, automatic FG. The fans that think hes going to be elite somewhere else make me laugh lol.

14 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Oh absolutely. Darnold cant get the team into the endzone. In the rare trip to the RZ, automatic FG. The fans that think hes going to be elite somewhere else make me laugh lol.

To be honest, I do not recall anyone on this site suggesting Sam will be elite elsewhere. What I have heard people say is he needs a change of scenery with a real coaching staff, OL, and weapons. Then he may be good or at least serviceable.  Sam looked better last year, I think we can all agree on that. Why the regression? I think it is coaching and David Carr syndrome. 

16 minutes ago, xrade said:

To be honest, I do not recall anyone on this site suggesting Sam will be elite elsewhere. What I have heard people say is he needs a change of scenery with a real coaching staff, OL, and weapons. Then he may be good or at least serviceable.  Sam looked better last year, I think we can all agree on that. Why the regression? I think it is coaching and David Carr syndrome. 

I agree here. Tannehill was the same way under Gase and is doing really well now. I have no idea whay anyone would want Gase on their coaching staff. I think anyone of us on this board would do better than him. Gase should not even be coaching a Jr High team let alone a NFL team. 

3 hours ago, xrade said:

And the fact that he cant read defenses and has terrible mechanics. He gets almost none of the blame its literally all excuses. The fact is if hes ever going to make it in this league a coach has to be honest with him and he has to work out his problems. Nobody brings up Jordan Palmer, what in the actual #@$% did he work on with him this offseason. I absolutely despise Adam Gase, but is it really all him? It isn't.

• Like 1

Jordan Palmer sucks. Didn’t he talk up Hackenberg?

A lot of it is Sam, but Gase was hired to develop him and he’s failed miserably. Darnold has never once looked as good in Gases system as he did at the end of his rookie year under Bates with an also pretty bad supporting cast. I think they both just suck at their respective jobs at this point. 

it’s irrelevant, both are gone soon

7 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Jordan Palmer sucks. Didn’t he talk up Hackenberg?

A lot of it is Sam, but Gase was hired to develop him and he’s failed miserably. Darnold has never once looked as good in Gases system as he did at the end of his rookie year under Bates with an also pretty bad supporting cast. I think they both just suck at their respective jobs at this point. 

it’s irrelevant, both are gone soon

This^^^

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I agree here. Tannehill was the same way under Gase and is doing really well now. I have no idea whay anyone would want Gase on their coaching staff. I think anyone of us on this board would do better than him. Gase should not even be coaching a Jr High team let alone a NFL team. 

I also agree, I don't understand what the Johnson's saw in Gase, there are time he makes Rich Kotite, look good, and that is a hard thing to do.

44 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Tell me more about Folorunso Fatukasi, I know he was a late round pick. See him making a lot of plays on defensive is he as good as he looks, And lets call him FF 

Pro typical 34NT, not much of a rusher but a beast against the run

4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Tell me more about Folorunso Fatukasi, I know he was a late round pick. See him making a lot of plays on defensive is he as good as he looks, And lets call him FF 

Won’t ever be a big sack guy. But us a great player. Think of a guy like Snacks for us year back.

On 12/1/2020 at 8:57 AM, jetfuel34 said:

I know people don't want to hear this but the more problems the Jets have and coming is really going to do long term damage in the end. The Jets have better hope all this is worth T Law. If T Law fails here in New York we have a MASSIVE hole to climb out. I think once Woody Johnson comes back he will see in person what a mess this is. He will then have two options. The first is to say who cares and let things happen or he steps in and fires the vast majority of people and start a rebuild including himself on how he runs the team. i think he does the first thing and could careless about this team. This is just a toy to him to show his rich buddies that he owns an NFL team. I wish the NFL could for him to sell the Jets and give us a chance to win. What ever happened to the sex scandals and harassments that some women where claiming he did? 

We already have a massive hole to climb out of.  I don't think it's possible to go below rock bottom.

If we can land the 1st pick. This franchise should really be able to turn things around fast.

Hopefully we can get the right HC in here to lead this team And get the most out of the roster.

TLaw with hopefully some added weapons and an upgraded OL is something to get excited about.

As well as I think we will go after an edge finally.

• Like 1