TABT: Around the NFL

JAF-N72EX

Bell seems highly motivated to come in work hard, be a good teammate  and PRODUCE ... one year prove it deal with Cohen lost for season is ABSOLUTE NO BRAINER  !! Pace passed on Fournette, how many chances does he think he will get to add a player of this caliber to our RB by committee (almost every team is RBbc, so LB is not going to be given an opportunity to carry a huge load anywhere else really). He will move the needle for us and is easily the best all-around back Nagy will have had here in Chicago  !

our run game is getting worse every week  !! 

4 hours ago, SLCbear said:

Bell seems highly motivated to come in work hard, be a good teammate  and PRODUCE ... one year prove it deal with Cohen lost for season is ABSOLUTE NO BRAINER  !! Pace passed on Fournette, how many chances does he think he will get to add a player of this caliber to our RB by committee (almost every team is RBbc, so LB is not going to be given an opportunity to carry a huge load anywhere else really). He will move the needle for us and is easily the best all-around back Nagy will have had here in Chicago  !

We don't know if Pace passed on Fournette or Bell. Perhaps Bell passed on the Bears, who's likely headed to KC or MIA

7 hours ago, SLCbear said:

There is really no proof Bell has much of anything left in the tank. I would have been happy IF Pace had signed him, sure, but let's not get carried away about just what type of player he currently is. As we simply don't know. 

35 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

There is really no proof Bell has much of anything left in the tank. I would have been happy IF Pace had signed him, sure, but let's not get carried away about just what type of player he currently is. As we simply don't know. 

he caught 66 passes last season in that sh**show of an offense  !!

42 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Yeah it’s really a no brainer from Bells point of view.  Would’ve been nice to see what he could do here with virtually no risk to it.  But like i said, oh well...

edit:  oops, wrong quote.  Meant to quote @Sugashane

@SLCbear I agree Bell would be the best back Nagy's has had and I would've been okay with a one year deal but nothing more than that. But Like I said before, I highly doubt pace would've ever signed him given his character concerns.  

We didn't miss out on anything with Fournette. He would not have moved the needle IMO.  He's nothing special at all. He's a downhill runner with solid vision and hands and you can find those backs in any mid round of any draft so there's no need to overpay for market money. He's a slightly lesser version of Jordan Howard with better hands and not even he fit Nagy's system either (or Pederson's offense for that matter) so I can just imagine how awful Founette would've looked. 

If a RB's best attribute is being a strong downhill runner then they need to have a good OL to be able to produce with any consistency and it doesn't matter what system they're playing in either. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

21 hours ago, Epyon said:

I agree with the above, but Kareem Hunt and Monty are pretty comparable speed wise.

The Etienne kid on Clemson coming out next year though, is looking like a perfect back for this system..... Not quite McCaffrey level as a pass catcher, but imo a better actual running back.  Basically a Matt Forte with the speed enough to actually hit a home run, which would be a DAMN good RB for this team/system.

If we can't get our hands on a QB, Etienne in 1 then QB/OL/OL/ILB with the next 4 picks.

As @dll2000 said, Hunt and Monty don't have the same type of speed and quickness. 

I haven't had much time to watch college this year yet so I'll take your word on it. A player similar to prime Matt Forte would absolutely FEAST in this offense. 

Edit: Now whether or not it's worth a 1st RD pick is for another topic. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

23 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

@SLCbear I agree Bell would be the best back Nagy's has had and I would've been okay with a one year deal but nothing more than that. But Like I said before, I highly doubt pace would've ever signed him given his character concerns.  

We didn't miss out on anything with Fournette. He would not have moved the needle IMO.  He's nothing special at all. He's a downhill runner with solid vision and hands and you can find those backs in any mid round of any draft so there's no need to overpay for market money. He's a slightly lesser version of Jordan Howard with better hands and not even he fit Nagy's system either (or Pederson's offense for that matter) so I can just imagine how awful Founette would've looked. 

If a RB's best attribute is being a strong downhill runner then they need to have a good OL to be able to produce with any consistency and it doesn't matter what system they're playing in either. 

mute points as KC is getting his services for 1.6mil  UGGGGGH !!!

...but any character concerns with LB are inconsequential at this time esp with this locker room ! with regard to Fournette, I could understand character issues more there but still ok with adding him to THIS locker room !

The weather will be getting colder and having a huge downhill bruiser like LF would absolutely move the needle this season !! not sure how you can confidently say otherwise !

... we are RBby committee and either LF or Jordan Howard would move the needle right now. I agree that we can find a similar back in the mid rounds but that does not help us at all right now ..... NFL is wide open with covid and our getting off to such nice start, AND the championship window for our D closing, we are in full win now mode ...

I will reserve judgement until after Carolina game to start pounding table for an OLineman trade, Bars sucked after replacing JD, Coward and Spriggs still on roster so have to wait and see there ... 

The running game however is clearly getting worse and worse and worse ... DM and CP not going to get it done  !

3 hours ago, SLCbear said:

mute points as KC is getting his services for 1.6mil  UGGGGGH !!!

...but any character concerns with LB are inconsequential at this time esp with this locker room ! with regard to Fournette, I could understand character issues more there but still ok with adding him to THIS locker room !

The weather will be getting colder and having a huge downhill bruiser like LF would absolutely move the needle this season !! not sure how you can confidently say otherwise !

... we are RBby committee and either LF or Jordan Howard would move the needle right now. I agree that we can find a similar back in the mid rounds but that does not help us at all right now ..... NFL is wide open with covid and our getting off to such nice start, AND the championship window for our D closing, we are in full win now mode ...

I will reserve judgement until after Carolina game to start pounding table for an OLineman trade, Bars sucked after replacing JD, Coward and Spriggs still on roster so have to wait and see there ... 

The running game however is clearly getting worse and worse and worse ... DM and CP not going to get it done  !

Howard has fallen off a cliff. I'm not sure he is an improvement over Nall anymore. 

2 hours ago, SLCbear said:

What exactly do you mean by "this locker room"?  Certain GM's and coaches are big on having a positive environment and will very rarely go against that train of thought and Pace is one of them. 

We already have one.  Monty >>>Fournette.  You seem to think too highly of Fournette. There's a reason he was jobless until a couple of months ago. 

... we are RBby committee

Not anymore without Cohen.  It's Monty's team now by default.

Unless Nagy can pull something out of his behind to somehow get Patterson involved with his limited skillset as a RB then Monty will be leading the charge.  

I believe Nagy is going to try and take the play-calls he initially had designed for Cohen and simply hand them over to Patterson (because he doesn't really have much a choice unless Lamar Miller gets up to speed) hoping that he can get atleast close to the same production from him as he would have with Cohen.  I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it playing out to well for him. 

I will reserve judgement until after Carolina game to start pounding table for an OLineman trade, Bars sucked after replacing JD, Coward and Spriggs still on roster so have to wait and see there ..

To hell with Carolina. I'm worried about the next 4 defenses after that; Rams, Saints, Titans, and Vikes. 

Coward and Spriggs are garbage. We have no depth at OL at all. None!

That said, there is nobody on this OL that is either worth trading and/or have little to no value.

Whitehair is too important. Daniels has a promising future and can't be traded right now anyhow because he's on IR and the others would draw zero interest. Massie and Idefi wouldn't get any serious looks and are actually playing pretty well, and ain't no GM in their right mind is taking on Leno's contract. 

It was working until Cohen went down. Let's hope Miller is healthy and can learn the playbook fast enough to step in and be a savior here. Otherwise, it's going to get ugly. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Howard has fallen off a cliff. I'm not sure he is an improvement over Nall anymore. 

Wrong system and bad OL. The same thing that hindered him here after Nagy took over. 

A RB like him cannot work in a system that relies so heavy on shotgun formations. He also doesn't have good hands either (which is something a RB needs in the modern game) so that also limits is snaps and variety in any offense. 

I actually think he could still thrive in a offense like the Falcons or Rams. 

• Like 1