TABT: Around the NFL

JAF-N72EX

23 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Derek Carr just played better than I have ever seen him play.   He played an inspired game.  

Maybe? I don't know. The guy is pretty damned good. They're just now getting a full team around him...

23 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Falcons cleaned house.

Quinn and Dimitroff fired.

Not a surprise. I feel bad for Dimitroff. He's done some bonehead stuff lately, but he's mostly just getting fired for hiring Quinn. The guy's otherwise been pretty solid for quite a while. 

25 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Herbert has looked pretty good since coming in for Taylor.

He has, hasn't he? For a guy that supposedly needed to sit and learn, he's performing very well...

22 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

LA would be good if most of their best players weren’t constantly injured.  They have not been able to stay healthy for about 5 years.  

Yeah, their D would be nasty if Bosa, Ingram, Heyward, King and James could ever stay healthy at the same time for a long stretch of time.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Yeah, their D would be nasty if Bosa, Ingram, Heyward, King and James could ever stay healthy at the same time for a long stretch of time.

That defense is well coached.  They make most of what they have.  If they were at full strength they would be amongst best in league.  

I loved James, one of my favorite players in that draft.  Special player.   But he was a huge injury concern.  He couldn’t stay healthy in college.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

Herbert has looked pretty good since coming in for Taylor.

Indeed he has.  It's still very early but the kid looks like he will be really good for a long time.

On another note, Pep Hamilton has gotten my attention.  He is the current QB coach in LA and of course has ties to the Bears from the Lovie days. HE also has experience being a head coach, albeit for a short period, from the XFL. 

IF Nagy ever gets the boot he would be an intriguing under the radar candidate...as long as Herbert's development continues to go well under his tutelage. 

Edited by topwop1

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

On another note, Pep Hamilton has gotten my attention.  He is the current QB coach in LA and of course has ties to the Bears from the Lovie days. HE also has experience being a head coach, albeit for a short period, from the XFL. 

IF Nagy ever gets the boot he would be an intriguing under the radar candidate...as long as Herbert's development continues to go well under his tutelage. 

He also worked with Andrew Luck both at Stanford and in Indianapolis.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Indeed he has.  It's still very early but the kid looks like he will be really good for a long time.

Let's think about this one. Hebert without any training camp and as a expected backup QB has shown right out of the gates he's going to be good. We can credit Pep all we want, but the kid has talent and is a gamer. 

This is my biggest issue with the Mitch truthers, Fox, Nagy it doesn't matter as much as the talent Mitch had. 

59 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Let's think about this one. Hebert without any training camp and as a expected backup QB has shown right out of the gates he's going to be good. We can credit Pep all we want, but the kid has talent and is a gamer. 

This is my biggest issue with the Mitch truthers, Fox, Nagy it doesn't matter as much as the talent Mitch had. 

Mitch was a 1 year starter in college so you knew he was going to need time.  Even 4 year starters like P. Manning often stink at first.   I was mad when people were mad early, which is the Bears fan MO.   

He got this time.  He just didn't make it.   It happens more than it doesn't.

Jets released RB Le'Veon Bell today after failing to find a trade suitor for him.  I think its worth discussing if you think the Bears should kick the tires on him.  Allbright thinks the Bears will be interested, but the way his tweet reads it sounds more like his personal opinion and not info from a source.

Personally I'd do it since he's a FA.  Can't be any worse than Ryan Nall, and god forbid if Monty gets injured...