NFL General Discussion

candyman93

14 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Rooting for Odell to get a ring because I think it'll either make Baker the best QB of all time next season or it'll sink him immediately and we'll know to draft one. 

The problem I have with this is that Baker shouldn't need motivation to be a great QB.  I understand that having a chip on his shoulder when he was in college, getting beaten out at Texas Tech, people not believing in his abilities while at Oklahoma are one thing, but when you've made it to the league, wanting to be the best should be your only motivation.  

Peace!!!

1 minute ago, cortes02 said:

The problem I have with this is that Baker shouldn't need motivation to be a great QB.  I understand that having a chip on his shoulder when he was in college, getting beaten out at Texas Tech, people not believing in his abilities while at Oklahoma are one thing, but when you've made it to the league, wanting to be the best should be your only motivation.  

Peace!!!

Welp....I hate this team why cant we just be normal.

12 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Welp....I hate this team why cant we just be normal.

Terrell Owens is a clown but unfortunately, comments like this just continually make Baker & the Browns look bad justifiably or not.   For those not rooting for Cincinnati to win, all you can do is hope that LA wins but OBJ is a total non factor.  

Peace!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, brownie man said:

No way 

I’ve got to assume most browns fans will be cheering on the rams! 

no way Cinci can get a ring before us. I’d be sick

I'm rooting for the Bengals. Never really hated them or considered them a big rival like the Stillers or the Ratbirds. Burrow is great and the team has earned this shot (can't be bitter about that, we dropped that ball and that's all on us). Their fans are so long suffering and I can truly identify with them. Plus, hopefully a SB win will accelerate their coaching staff being picked apart and people paying top dollar to pry away their free agents + their player's agents demanding huge contracts. 

McVay is a great coach and all, but a team that recently moved cities for a non-NFL 'glamor' location where the visiting team in a championship game has almost as many fans packed in the stands plus has played fantasy football with their roster...won't be sad to see them lose the SB.

Edited by dawgdish
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Terrell Owens is a clown but unfortunately, comments like this just continually make Baker & the Browns look bad justifiably or not.   For those not rooting for Cincinnati to win, all you can do is hope that LA wins but OBJ is a total non factor.  

Peace!!!

How are random comments on the internet making the Browns look bad? This just shows how social media allows anyone to voice their uneducated opinions / statements about things they don't understand...like how the current regime inherited OBJ and even tried to trade him, but when they couldn't.....they did him a favor by voiding his current contract so he can sign a new one this off season.

People need to seriously move on. TO looks foolish saying stuff like this when we all know, the only time he saw the Browns playing was most likely via highlights. It's weird how people keep saying, the Rams / OBJs success makes the Browns look bad seeing as the organizations are in completely different phases. The Browns finally experienced success last year and are working on consistency....the Rams have been consistently good since they hired McVay and were able to go all in this year due to the pieces already in place.

I wish OBJ all the best as the does seem like a good dude....but honestly, people need to just move on from this stuff because no matter what anyone believes in.....all parties involved had a play in this drama and OBJ is getting better looks because Kupp is still beating team's #1 coverages on him and McVay's offense is definitely friendlier for WRs / RBs who can catch.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

I'm rooting for the Bengals. Never really hated them or considered them a big rival like the Stillers or the Ratbirds. Burrow is great and the team has earned this shot (can't be bitter about that, we dropped that ball and that's all on us). Their fans are so long suffering and I can truly identify with them. Plus, hopefully a SB win will accelerate their coaching staff being picked apart and people paying top dollar to pry away their free agents + their player's agents demanding huge contracts. 

McVay is a great coach and all, but a team that recently moved cities for a non-NFL 'glamor' location where the visiting team in a championship game has almost as many fans packed in the stands plus has played fantasy football with their roster...won't be sad to see them lose the SB.

I agree, it always felt like the Bengals are our brother not enemy. 

Rams were from LA first I think so they did just move back but that's a moot point. I just want a good game. I don't care who wins. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JDD said:

Rams were from LA first I think so they did just move back but that's a moot point. I just want a good game. I don't care who wins. 

I agree with the bolded.  I would prefer Cincy to beat LA.  They are legit all in this year, as they don't have a first round pick till 2024.  It will be difficult for them to do this again, and I'm hoping they lose.

13 hours ago, brownie man said:

No way 

I’ve got to assume most browns fans will be cheering on the rams! 

no way Cinci can get a ring before us. I’d be sick 

I live in Columbus now, I really don't have any problems with Cincy fans.  The Rams on the other hand moved their team to LA and barely have any fans at all.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Cinci isn’t really even a rivalry. The only they’ve we’ve rivaled for over the years has been last place in the division. I have no hate for them. 

Considering your disdain for what seems like nearly everything, this is big.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, JDD said:

A little more salt in our collective wounds.......the Rams originated in Cleveland in 1936.  Bad Santa Pain GIF by Sky

• Like 2