NFL General Discussion

candyman93

I think Winfield was most of our picks, and he was certainly mine. Great production in college, good tackler/coverage guy, and NFL ready. Questions about his "measurables" are hilarious given his bloodlines and his dad's production with those bloodlines. I'm optimistic about Delpit, but he's an unknown.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I think Winfield was most of our picks, and he was certainly mine. Great production in college, good tackler/coverage guy, and NFL ready. Questions about his "measurables" are hilarious given his bloodlines and his dad's production with those bloodlines. I'm optimistic about Delpit, but he's an unknown.

I certainly wouldn't let size/40 time etc... scare me off if he has the same mentality as his dad. I think his dad could have solo tackled Earl Campbell 9 out of 10 times in the open field, something I wouldn't guess about anyone else, including linebackers. Such a stud in run support.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Ironically Winfield was seen as more injury prone coming out, after the combine that was his biggest knock

25 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Phillips is the truth. We still need another quality LB either way, though.

I'd take goodson for another year, spot starter and ster. 

I'd keep mack as a spot starter, ster, and nickel linebacker. 

Malcom Smith has been solid but we wont keep him another year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I'd take goodson for another year, spot starter and ster. 

I'd keep mack as a spot starter, ster, and nickel linebacker. 

Malcom Smith has been solid but we wont keep him another year.

I like those two as well, especially when in those roles. I would be alright keeping Smith if our defensive coaches thought they could maximize him in our system. Yada yada which linebacker are we drafting and what round, assuming we have a (very?) late pick draft position? 

4 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I like those two as well, especially when in those roles. I would be alright keeping Smith if our defensive coaches thought they could maximize him in our system. Yada yada which linebacker are we drafting and what round, assuming we have a (very?) late pick draft position? 

I hope we go dl in round 1, it's easier to find linebacker talent throughout the draft than it is to find pass rushers or dt talent. 

We need to see our rookie dt show something too, he has been quiet. If one of them flash the dt or Phillip's we could draft the opposite high, or just another DE. 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 4:28 AM, Kiwibrown said:
On 11/5/2020 at 11:50 PM, NudeTayne said:

e those two as well, especially when in those roles. I would be alright keeping Smith if our defensive coaches thought they could maximize him in our system. Yada yada which linebacker are we drafting and what round, assuming we have a (very?) late pick draft position? 

I hope we go dl in round 1, it's easier to find linebacker talent throughout the draft than it is to find pass rushers or dt talent. 

We need to see our rookie dt show something too, he has been quiet. If one of them flash the dt or Phillip's we could draft the opposite high, or just another DE. 

It depends what’s on the board. Defensive back or DL in the first rd. I be perfectly find signing actually decent vets at LB. rather invest our Top tier picks in the DL and safety/corner

• Like 1