Video Games News/Buzz thread

thrILL!

PayDay3 note.

Havent actually made it into the game as of yet. They force you to sign up first via browser. So that pops up. But I used the laptop. And apparently their servers are utter crap cause people are having a hard time getting confirmation emails. Those that managed seem to have a hard time finding matches or loading them. 

Might toss in the towel on this one for now. Revisit another day.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2023 at 9:37 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

PayDay3 note.

Havent actually made it into the game as of yet. They force you to sign up first via browser. So that pops up. But I used the laptop. And apparently their servers are utter crap cause people are having a hard time getting confirmation emails. Those that managed seem to have a hard time finding matches or loading them. 

Might toss in the towel on this one for now. Revisit another day.

Hard pass

Tx for info

I was thinking about it

• 2 months later...

Insomniac got hit with a ransom attack and now is getting 1.7+ terabytes of data dumped on the internet 

Includes Early Wolverine footage, basically all the info on the game.

Their roadmap til 2030 at least. Venom game next year as a Miles Morales sized spinoff in 2025, Wolverine in 2026, Marvel's Spider-Man 3 in 2028, a new Ratchet & Clank in 2029, Marvel's X-Men in 2030, and an untitled new IP in 2031/2032.

X-men might be multiplayer and they are looking into adding Spidey multiplayer. Also they are debating splitting Spidey 3 into two parts.

An additional unannounced IP game and X-men sequel planned by 2035 when their X-men deal expires. Apparently they can show up in other games on other platforms, but they can’t be exclusive (ex. Play Cyclops exclusively in Marvel vs Capcom on Xbox). The framing of the deal also suggest that Marvel would be allowed to still do like a Lego X-men game or bring back the 90s arcade game outside of working with Sony.

Bunch more stuff out there 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Wolverine isn't until '26?!?  Why did they tease it so early?

Recruitment on Insomniac’s end, hype at the start of the gen to get people to stick with PlayStation on Sony’s end. That summer was pretty pro Xbox with Halo coming out that fall, Starfield being announced exclusive. But also always seems to be the case when they do do a proper show.

That was the same year they announced the Knights of the Old Republic remake that also was vaporware at the time…which at this point looks like it’s dead.

But yeah it’s weird that this and Blade might be coming out together in 2026 and we’ll know of Blade half the time.

Though to be fair,  Elder Scrolls VI is also supposedly targeting 2026 and we’ve known about that since the announcement in 2018.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League’s first reviews are out and… it’s not looking good:

If IGN is trashing it, then… yeah, not a good sign. Rocksteady also apparently refused to send out review copies until the servers go up next week, probably because they know it’s bad.

I wanted to love this game, too. It’s too bad Kevin Conroy has to go out like this.

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

In the world of unsurprising news.....

I cannot wait for this but I will be for a long, long time

27 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah, I'd guess no sooner than 2027. 

If they want to keep the TV series going 2026 would likely make that work given S2-3 is confirmed to be planned to cover Ep2.    That’s my hope anyways.   Although in the end if it’s great any wait will be worth it.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

If they want to keep the TV series going 2026 would likely make that work given S2-3 is confirmed to be planned to cover Ep2.    That’s my hope anyways.   Although in the end if it’s great any wait will be worth it.  

Absolutely w/ you on that. The first two have been top 10 games for me and the series will hold me over until then. Plenty of other games out there that can keep my attention until this comes out.