College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

11 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t see the big deal with cj stoud. Doesn’t seem that special to me. Not a number 1 pick. 

He’s got all the tools throwing the ball. He needs to improve his quickness processing and he’s not a great athlete.

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

He’s basically college AJ Green with maybe not quite the same top end speed but still probably a 4.5 guy or better. Hard to believe he’s a second year guy.

Emeka Egbuka is a speed demon too. I don’t know an NFL comp for him.

Really happy to see Julian Fleming start to have the type of season we’ve all expected.

13 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Emeka Egbuka is a speed demon too. I don’t know an NFL comp for him.

Really happy to see Julian Fleming start to have the type of season we’ve all expected.

They had two guys go in the top 15 last year and have two other WRs who are playing at a 1st round level at WR this year. Then you have Jackson Smith-Njigba who is injured and was the best of the bunch going into the season. I can’t remember seeing a position group in college have this much elite prospect-level success in such bunches. 

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

They had two guys go in the top 15 last year and have two other WRs who are playing at a 1st round level at WR this year. Then you have Jackson Smith-Njigba who is injured and was the best of the bunch going into the season. I can’t remember seeing a position group in college have this much elite prospect-level success in such bunches. 

Alabama had Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs, and Jaylen Waddle at one time.

However, I think when it’s all said and done: Last years WR core could be the GOAT collection of talent at WR. Fleming and Egbuka were 5th and 6th stringers lol

Edited by candyman93