Why are the Eagles so underrated?

TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, Danger said:

To be fair, and while everyone's different, Brett Favre dealt with a lot worse, I think he can make do.

One of our WR (Gallup I think?) found out his sister committed suicide at halftime. But didnt want to leave the game because he knew he would have an emotional breakdown. I think the same happened with Favre. 

Football can be therapeutic. You have all these raw emotions and you get to just let loose. 

Edit: I had it way wrong:

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2018/11/25/you-just-sit-there-and-you-cry-cowboys-wr-michael-gallup-speaks-for-first-time-after-emotional-week/

Edited by Matts4313

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

One of our WR (Gallup I think?) found out his sister committed suicide at halftime. But didnt want to leave the game because he knew he would have an emotional breakdown. I think the same happened with Favre. 

Football can be therapeutic. You have all these raw emotions and you get to just let loose. 

Kind of messed to not wait until after the game to tell him tbh. 

20 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Kind of messed to not wait until after the game to tell him tbh. 

I had it wrong. They did tell him after the game. They told him he didnt have to play on Thanksgiving. I blame bad memory. 

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2018/11/25/you-just-sit-there-and-you-cry-cowboys-wr-michael-gallup-speaks-for-first-time-after-emotional-week/

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Miles Sanders and Derek Barnett are out with hamstring injuries today.... with the possibility of Lane Johnson being out as a game time decision.

We're in midseason form!!!

Watch the "football team" upset us in week 1 and this thread bite me in the arse. 😅😓

boston celtics lol GIF by NBA

This is what I mean about PHI

I STILL expect them to have a winning record and be in the hunt. It's that kind of organisation. There's a few in the league like it, the Pittsburghs, New Englands, Seattles etc - they are well run, have a great process and brains trust in place that they prove to overcome adversity. 

At this point I don't think I could possibly think any team is underrated, except if you're telling something like, you don't think the Chiefs will even make the playoffs. I think pretty much every team has potentially fatal flaws, or could be due for a mediocre season. Obviously as the season unfolds that opinion might change, but at this point I think every team besides the Chiefs look pretty damn plain. I guess maybe except the Ravens too, but a LOT went very right last season and it's hard to imagine it repeats. Still should be a goodass team.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I don't know about all that I watch a lot of Eagles football and they were very inconsistent last year.

I think a team like tennessee gets underrated more than them. At Tennessees best they beat Mahomes in the regular season, Baltimore in the post season, and ended Tom Brady's dynasty.

The Eagles beat an overrated NFC team with backups to backups but then the biggest fear happened against seattle.

This, when all those teams are "at their best" the Vikings, Bucs, Bills, Seahawks, Packers, Steelers, and Titans are clear of the Eagles.

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Miles Sanders and Derek Barnett are out with hamstring injuries today.... with the possibility of Lane Johnson being out as a game time decision.

We're in midseason form!!!

Watch the "football team" upset us in week 1 and this thread bite me in the arse. 😅😓

boston celtics lol GIF by NBA

Stop it. RBs don’t matter and Barnett is JAG. 

Johnson will play. Reagor will play. Kendall Fuller - our best CB - won’t. 

I don’t want to hear any excuses if we beat ya’ll today, which I still don’t expect to happen. 

1.) Despite what Eagles fans want to admit, Wentz is injury prone much in the way Roethlisberger was early in his career.
2.) Injured or not, the Eagles haven't been that great and overachieved the last two years. If they were in the AFC in 18 and in a competent division in 19 they likely wouldn't have made the post-season. 
3.) Continuing with that path, your team has oft been injured. Part of it is strenth and conditioning team, part of it is your tema is relatively old.
4.) Typically when you have to rely on a 33 year old WR coming off injury and a rookie many felt was overdrafted, your WR Corps is still an issue.
5.) You've lost your locker room leader. You can try and prtend it's not a big deal, but it is.
6.) Other teams have gotten better where I'm not really sure how their off-season improved the Eagles other than health. Grave Digger, Parks and Slay don't strike me as able to negate the loss of Jenkins mentality and versatility.

That's not to say they're incapable of winning the NFC East or even the NFC. I think they're easily well short of the top teams in the AFC, however. But sitting here acting as if they're guaranteed to win something or be a contender is ridiculous. The only fanbases who should be feeling that way are the Ravens, Chiefs, Saints, 49ers and Vikings.