Week 1 Theives - Detroit Lions edition

ET80

22 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

He didn't look too great either.  Neither did Brees.  That game looked like exactly what it was, two old QBs playing each other.

We have seen this before though.

Brady and/or Brees dont look great week 1 and maybe even a couple more weeks, but then by week 10, they are still top 5 QBs.

They gotta decline at some point though....right?  🤔

38 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Baker Mayfield - He should stack commercials as quickly as possible because he won’t be getting paid much longer.

Best thing for the Browns, TBH. Baker needs to prove he's the guy and not feel like he is the guy because he was the #1 overall pick all before the first offseason where he is allowed to even ask for the extension that anchors the franchise to him.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

Best thing for the Browns, TBH. Baker needs to prove he's the guy and not feel like he is the guy because he was the #1 overall pick all before the first offseason where he is allowed to even ask for the extension that anchors the franchise to him.

I had a serious debate with my fellow fans on here about being worried about paying Nick + Kareem. Theair argument was “well we will have so many guys that we need to pay in the future!”

My argument was to not assume guys like Baker will pan out and get paid big bucks. So pay who you have now that you KNOW will contribute every year.