Week 1 Theives - Detroit Lions edition

ET80

No love for Sam Darnold? A seemingly can't-miss QB prospect that the Jets have managed to ruin already.

He's so used to pressure that he acts like it's there even when he has protection.

The 27-17 score line does not in any way reflect the beatdown that the Bills really gave the Jets.

1 minute ago, TheChad said:

No love for Sam Darnold? 

I honestly (not really) forgot he's still a starter. He is who he is, which is a Jimmy Clausen clone. 

At this point, Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields or Trey Lance needs to be the pick - move Darnold for a pick, because he needs a hard reset.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheChad said:

No love for Sam Darnold? A seemingly can't-miss QB prospect that the Jets have managed to ruin already.

He's so used to pressure that he acts like it's there even when he has protection.

The 27-17 score line does not in any way reflect the beatdown that the Bills really gave the Jets.

That bums me out. I really liked Darnold coming out, but the Jets have absolutely failed to surround him with talent.

Its time to stop making excuses for Darnold. He's obviously not the can't-miss QB prospect people act like he is. He's shown less than just about every other young QB in the NFL right now. Yes, he has little to work with, but so do/did some of these other guys and they made much more of their chances. He may still be an OK QB, but he's not the guy people thought he was out of college. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheChad said:

I really don't recall him being "can't miss". I mean he was highly regarded, but not can't miss

28 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Vic Fangio. I still can’t believe he didn’t use a single timeout. Could’ve used one around 1:10 and ensured they had some more time left on the clock. Terrible game management likely cost that team the game. Great coordinator, not a good HC.

Also barely killed the clock on last two possessions awful time management.