Week 2: GDT The Battle of Ohio, Anyone want it?

Bucketheadsdad

Who wins?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got this Thursday?

• Browns
    • Bengals
    • Who Dey?
    • Here we go Brownies.
    • Did Jacksonville win again?
    • You know...in the first game's GDT, we forgot to have Hornby's name here. So, Hornby

21 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

could?

i don't think you chose the right word

I really hope not man.....I want to at least last until week 8 before throwing in the towel on the season. Ive waited too long to have the Browns season only last 3-4 weeks before all hope is lost and already thinking about next offseason moves.

Edited by AkronsWitness

21 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Got dam we need a win.  Hopefully we don't abandon the run, like we did yesterday.  What happened to run, run, run...play action?  I understand we were down early, but that looked a lot like Freddie ball to me.

Eh, I'd say we had a healthy balance of running and passing during the first half. But when it was 24-6 entering the second half, running the ball a ton wasn't a realistic option.

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Eh, I'd say we had a healthy balance of running and passing during the first half. But when it was 24-6 entering the second half, running the ball a ton wasn't a realistic option.

For me I just felt like the run game was actually working and the pass game was not.

I’d rather run good offense and perhaps score as opposed to pretend we’re gonna pass ourselves back into a game where we couldn’t throw effectively or stop the opposing offense.

It was formulaic “we’re down x amount at x point in the game, time to chuck it” as opposed to just doing what was working.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

For me I just felt like the run game was actually working and the pass game was not.

I’d rather run good offense and perhaps score as opposed to pretend we’re gonna pass ourselves back into a game where we couldn’t throw effectively or stop the opposing offense.

It was formulaic “we’re down x amount at x point in the game, time to chuck it” as opposed to just doing what was working.

I don't disagree at all. I'm just saying I get it from Stefanski's perspective as to why he felt he had to abandon the run.