MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

If you are breaking it out like that Rodgers has a much better offensive line this year. Combined with Adams and Aaron Jones that should pretty much make the supporting cast argument a wash in this comparison.

I disagree, personally, but its a fair argument to make

Rodgers clearly has better videos-
What's interesting to note about this one is how the Packers were universally expected to regress in 2020 as shown in these clips

https://twitter.com/nathanmarzion/status/1338646364872433665

Meanwhile, Mahomes was being fitted for his 2020 MVP starting in February 2019.
So from that POV, Rodgers took a team that was definitely gonna regress and put them right back in the conversation for number 1 seed in NFC

KC win total over/under = 11.5
Packers win total over/under = 9

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Man if Allen didn't absolute **** the bed against both TEN & KC in prime time, IMO he'd be the odds-on favorite (the TEN game did way more damage, given how good KC is overall).   But those games matter, so it's a Mahomes vs. A-Rod race right now.

If you remove Rodgers game vs TB:

71.7% comp, 3525 yds (8.5ypa), 39 TDs (9.4%), 2 INTs (0.5%) - 126.8 passer rating

13 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Rodgers clearly has better videos-
What's interesting to note about this one is how the Packers were universally expected to regress in 2020 as shown in these clips

https://twitter.com/nathanmarzion/status/1338646364872433665

Meanwhile, Mahomes was being fitted for his 2020 MVP starting in February 2019.
So from that POV, Rodgers took a team that was definitely gonna regress and put them right back in the conversation for number 1 seed in NFC

KC win total over/under = 11.5
Packers win total over/under = 9

The reason the Chiefs O/U is so high in the first place is because they have Mahomes.

The fact that we're comparing a 37 year old to a 25 year old is awesome. Love this ****. If there were ever a year for Co-MVPs, this is it. Rodgers redefined his career with MLF and Mahomes continues his trajectory as the face of the league. Neither guy deserves to be placed behind the other. I still, personally, hope Mahomes gets the MVP nod so Rodgers can secure the whole bag. Would rather have a title than another Rodgers MVP.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

The fact that we're comparing a 37 year old to a 25 year old is awesome. Love this ****. If there were ever a year for Co-MVPs, this is it. Rodgers redefined his career with MLF and Mahomes continues his trajectory as the face of the league. Neither guy deserves to be placed behind the other. I still, personally, hope Mahomes gets the MVP nod so Rodgers can secure the whole bag. Would rather have a title than another Rodgers MVP.

Break the trend and win both. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Break the trend and win both. 

As I alluded to earlier in the thread (or another one, can't remember), I think Mahomes is the guy that can do that. If Rodgers does it, amazing, and nobody would be happier but I just don't trust the Packers defense and that has everything to do with the guy calling the plays, not the talent.

On 12/15/2020 at 10:44 AM, wackywabbit said:

If you are breaking it out like that Rodgers has a much better offensive line this year. Combined with Adams and Aaron Jones that should pretty much make the supporting cast argument a wash in this comparison.

Adams = Hill

Tonyan << Kelce

MVS, Lazard & ESB < Watkins, Hardman, Robinson

Aaron Jones & Jamaal Williams > or = CEH & Leveon Bell.

Pack Oline >> KC Oline....

This is closer than I thought...

EIT:

I feel the Packers would be devastated If Rodgers went down, but I cant say the same for the Chiefs is Mahomes went down.  

Packers go from SB contender to missing the playoffs. Chiefs go from SB favorite to playoff contender.

Everything went wrong for the Chiefs vs MIA and they still felt in control. 4 TOs and still won? Thats a complete team man.

Edited by GHARMON9

11 minutes ago, showtime said:

Wouldn't mind a co-MVP between Mahomes and Rodgers, but if only one guy can win it I'm going Mahomes. Their stats are comparable, but the Chiefs have the best record in all of football, so that slightly tips to Mahomes' favor, imo.

I'm so confused why the team's record has an impact on an individual (likely) offensive player award?

Rodgers and Mahomes are both currently leading #1 seed teams and the #1 and #2 offenses in the league. The difference in record is easily attributable to their defenses/special teams which have zero bearing on what the award is for.

Just now, incognito_man said:

I'm so confused why the team's record has an impact on an individual (likely) offensive player award?

Rodgers and Mahomes are both currently leading #1 seed teams and the #1 and #2 offenses in the league. The difference in record is easily attributable to their defenses/special teams which have zero bearing on what the award is for.

I think people consider team record and it can be an edge if two players are really close.  If the Chiefs finish 16-1 and the Packers finish 14-3 and both guys have similar stats, some people may use the better team success to slightly tip the scale.

It would be great to have co-MVPs, but that's so rare. If only one guy could be picked, I would go Mahomes because his team has been the best.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I think people consider team record and it can be an edge if two players are really close.  If the Chiefs finish 16-1 and the Packers finish 14-3 and both guys have similar stats, some people may use the better team success to slightly tip the scale.

It would be great to have co-MVPs, but that's so rare. If only one guy could be picked, I would go Mahomes because his team has been the best.

how are you 1 game off on both of these ha