MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

I prefer his combination of aggressiveness and efficiency. Played tougher defenses. Never looked nearly as bad as Rodgers has against Tampa. Also while it’s just not about Mahomes, the Chiefs passing offense gets defended like no other passing attack  in the league. 

No he didn't

Edited by incognito_man

I would give it to Rodgers, but tbh neither of them is an undeserving winner. Both absolutely killed it this season and there are quite a few other QBs who really played well as well. And then there are ofc other players on skill positions, who had incredible seasons who fall short because of Rodgers and Mahomes level of play. The likes of Henry, Cooks, Kelce etc.

7 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I can't verify the source and I know FO does a "Adjusted INT" stat but this came up today.

"Patrick Mahomes sets new NFL record for Dropped INTs at 16 on the year" 

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/patrick-mahomes-sets-ignominious-nfl-record-dropped-interceptions-01etk0gzzcf5

@Jakuvious => werent you and  I talking about this? You kinda downplayed it. 

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

I can't verify the source and I know FO does a "Adjusted INT" stat but this came up today.

"Patrick Mahomes sets new NFL record for Dropped INTs at 16 on the year" 

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/patrick-mahomes-sets-ignominious-nfl-record-dropped-interceptions-01etk0gzzcf5

Shooter's touch 😂

Edited by Soggust

5 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

the Chiefs passing offense gets defended like no other passing attack  in the league. 

What in the name of god does this statement even remotely mean? What a load of nonsense. I'd have so much more respect for someone if they just said "Yeah I want Mahomes to be the MVP because I like him better, or I don't like Rodgers, or I don't like the Packers or something whatever" instead of creating ridiculous explanations like this.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DannyB said:

What in the name of god does this statement even remotely mean? What a load of nonsense. I'd have so much more respect for someone if they just said "Yeah I want Mahomes to be the MVP because I like him better, or I don't like Rodgers, or I don't like the Packers or something whatever" instead of creating ridiculous explanations like this.

Simple, in the sense of teams are consistently rushing 3 or 4. Hardly blitzing. Defenses literally doing anything they can to stop any big plays and force them to dink and dunk down the field. Maybe I should’ve simply switched the names and put Rodgers there and you haven’t had an issue with what I said.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Simple, in the sense of teams are consistently rushing 3 or 4. Hardly blitzing. Defenses literally doing anything they can to stop any big plays and force them to dink and dunk down the field. Maybe I should’ve simply switched the names and put Rodgers there and you haven’t had an issue with what I said.

I PROMISE you, that if you had said that in regards to Rodgers, even though I think he should be the MVP, I would say that's a bizarre argument to make. Like, somehow defensive coordinators are MORE concerned with one elite quarterback playing to the best of his ability than the other? Weird.

I also have questions about why not blitzing and putting pressure on the QB is somehow supposed to stop big plays but whatever I don't wanna get too far in the weeds here.