2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I hope you guys land Saleh. Such a good coach and it is a shame that he isn't seriously being considered for any other HC gig except this one. The Jets will be my other team I root for if you guys hire him. 

Top 5 positions of need? 

Everything except DT and LT, lol.

But seriously in my opinion: Edge Rusher, Another edge rusher, WR, CB, QB (either Sam improvement which is hard to say is likely or replacement)

I can get on board with just about all of the candidates we've interviewed so far. Saleh, Daboll, and Staley in particular.

Just don't let it be Pederson. Apparently he's the favourite from the oddsmakers:

https://www.sportsline.com/nfl/news/next-new-york-jets-head-coach-odds-doug-pederson-favored-after-being-fired-from-eagles/

I put too much of his success in Philly on his coordinators to want him here.

Edited by TheChad

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I agree with you and think the jets will bring in a couple more finalists and I want them to, but I wouldn't rule out Saleh being hired soon. All reports point to him being a sought after candidate. If he blows them away this evening I wouldn't be surprised if they made him am offer.

6 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

I agree with you and think the jets will bring in a couple more finalists and I want them to, but I wouldn't rule out Saleh being hired soon. All reports point to him being a sought after candidate. If he blows them away this evening I wouldn't be surprised if they made him am offer.

They might, it would go against everything Douglas said he would do but you never know. I just rather not rush it like we did with Bowles. 

42 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Idk, it was a quiet weekend and then BOOM he's coming in and now we love him(which is possible) but I'll wait til someone on our beat says something. I think a lot of this is coming from Saleh's side to create urgency.

I disagree - I think we narrowed our list down to 2 guys

6 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I think we offer Saleh a job tonight 

I hope not because he is not in my top 3. I think Brandon S. is a better coach and better D guy if we go this way. I still want Joe Brady as my number 1 guy. If we hire Saleh I would not be excited at all. i would be more like okay I hope we do good but I know he will be average and we will be looking for a new coach in 2-3 years.