2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

This is where having a GM in place helps us a ton. We're ahead of Philly and have better roster structure in terms of cap, draft picks and young talent. Only other team with a GM in place already is the Chargers from what I can remember off the top of my head and they've seem to be locked into an offensive minded head coach. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

They might, it would go against everything Douglas said he would do but you never know. I just rather not rush it like we did with Bowles. 

I think JD's thinking is something along the lines of: we spoke to our list of nine guys, narrowed it down to these 2-4 guys for a second wave of interviews. We are gonna talk to all of them unless one of them impresses us enough that even if the other candidates impressed us the same amount we'd still go with this guy. 

I understand and agree with you 100% and I would love nothing more than for this to be a patient methodical process. However we have competition and if JD believes he's found his guy he has to get him. 

P.S. I still love Staley the most but I like Saleh a lot as well. 

Edited by mattmanz91
  • Like 2

Even though I am okay with it, I don't think Jets should hurry and secure Saleh's service tonight.  

Not sure about in person meeting looks like.    Owner, president and GM must be present for that?  If it is just GM then there won't be a final offer leaving on the table for Saleh.

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

If Saleh is the choice color me very excited. Love his energy and passion and the fact that he’s developed players on his unit. He even looks intimidating. I hope we offer him the job!

I would be a fan of this. He seems like a guy that the players love and respect and want to rally behind. A fiery leader too which is a nice changeup from what we've had. Last time we had a fiery leader we went to back to back AFCCGs.

Would be curious to see his choice for OC. Little LaFleur makes sense and would be exciting.

Saleh and Eberflus will have us tough and disciplined. 

Daboll I’m unsure but I think we’d do well in our division with him in charge due to his experience in the AFC East. 

Staley makes me excited, I think he’s going to amazing and take whatever he chooses to high level football in all phases. 

Brady is risky and from what I’ve read/heard through my research I just don’t see him being ready to lead a team. He’s going to need a great support system and some time as well to find himself.

Smith and Bieniemy scare me for a few reasons. Smith showed his offense was too predicated on the run and when it didn’t work he couldn’t create enough opportunities to make plays. Bieniemy we just don’t know much about his offensive acumen. Seems to be a good organizer and communicater and a guy his players like but we need more than that.

Glenn will be a great coach it seems but give him a year with his own unit first.

Obviously no to Marvin Lewis and Doug Pederson

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I hope you guys land Saleh. Such a good coach and it is a shame that he isn't seriously being considered for any other HC gig except this one. The Jets will be my other team I root for if you guys hire him. 

Top 5 positions of need? 

Everything except IDL