2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I agree 100%. I never had him on my list.

My top 5 right now in no order

Eric Bieniemy 

Brian Dabol

Joe Brady (He is only 30 years old crazy)

Matt Campbell

Dabo Swinny / Lincoln Riley  (If one leaves)

This is my top 5. 

A surprise that might happen is Doug Peterson getting fired. If this happens he would be number 1 on my list. 

Mine too but I take off Daboll and add Arthur Smith.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Douglas first draft seems to be a hit, at least initially. I think he can find players, Harbaugh can find coaches and develop players. 

Douglas/Harbaugh/Lawrence....We deserve this.

But can JD and Harbaugh work together long term? Do you truly believe they can? I'm still weary of it. I prefer Matt Cambell. 

55 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

But can JD and Harbaugh work together long term? Do you truly believe they can? I'm still weary of it. I prefer Matt Cambell. 

Idk. Harbaugh might want the keys but teams aren’t just handing their organizations to coaches anymore. I feel like philosophically Douglas and Harbaugh will click. And Douglas has a relationship with John Harbaugh. Douglas also won’t intervene with how Jim coaches and will always seek input from his coach.

Its tough but man if it happened we’d be set for years to come and add in Trevor Lawrence. This is what dreams are made of.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Idk. Harbaugh might want the keys but teams aren’t just handing their organizations to coaches anymore. I feel like philosophically Douglas and Harbaugh will click. And Douglas has a relationship with John Harbaugh. Douglas also won’t intervene with how Jim coaches and will always seek input from his coach.

Its tough but man if it happened we’d be set for years to come and add in Trevor Lawrence. This is what dreams are made of.

I completely agree that if it works it would be a dream come true I just worry given Harbaughs past but there's a good chance things happened the way they did in SF because of the volatile situation that just seemed to get worse as time went on. 

If Jim did come here I would be happy. If Jim did not come here I would still be fine with it. I'm like the rest of you. Can Jim and JD get along. If they can great we have a great combo for a long time. If they can't we just fell back another 3 or 4 years. I think as Jim gets older he will start to realize that he can't do everything well at once. If he realize this and gets another chance at the NFL him and JD would work out because JD seems to stay away from the coaching part and just adds good players to the roster that the coach SHOULD be able to work with. I do think Jim will get an interview no matter what unless we keep Gase which I find that hard to believe. The scary part is the Browns kept Hue Jackson for way to long and I hope the Jets don't follow this. Can you imagine this 

JD GM

JH Head coach 

Rex Ryan DC

LOL that would be crazy. I know Rex is not leaving but it would be fun.