2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

2 hours ago, xrade said:

All HC should have control of his coaching staff, but there is one problem.  As we have seen with Bowles bringing in Kacy Rogers and gase bringing in Patton Oswalt, sometimes a HC will bring in an unqualified sycophant to fulfil a critical coordinator role.  That presents a problem.

Well if either of them were good HCs I'd be worried but they weren't.

Campbell knows how to build a staff.  Don't over think it.  Make him an offer he cant refuse.

44 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Well if either of them were good HCs I'd be worried but they weren't.

Campbell knows how to build a staff.  Don't over think it.  Make him an offer he cant refuse.

He never connects with NFL coaches.  How do you know that he will in NFL with NFL coaches?   He had done good job in Ames but all of them are non NFL material.

Interesting... Scott Pioli tried to hire Matt Campbell to be part of Patriots' scouting department when he was just graduate assistant. He turned it down. He also turned down Jets' HC interview.   He values family and college kids' development over NFL. umm.  He is 39 years old and his contact with Iowa State will expire after 2024.  Still too young to separate from college.

Maybe he should stop watching Hallmark crap.  We will see.

Edited by JetsandI

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Interesting... Scott Pioli tried to hire Matt Campbell to be part of Patriots' scouting department when he was just graduate assistant. He turned it down. He also turned down Jets' HC interview.   He values family and college kids' development over NFL. umm.  He is 39 years old and his contact with Iowa State will expire after 2024.  Still too young to separate from college.

Maybe he should stop watching Hallmark crap.  We will see.

Yes he sounds like he will stay there for a while.  I believe he also mentioned how Ferentz stayed at Iowa his whole career.

15 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Yes he sounds like he will stay there for a while.  I believe he also mentioned how Ferentz stayed at Iowa his whole career.

He was mentioned, indeed.  I just omitted him because he actually worked in NFL before he left NFL for family values.

13 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I know I just hyped him up, but I'm seeing a lot of bad reviews on Greg Roman from fans on twitter. lol It's pretty rough. I'm going to keep watching, but it sounds like he's been getting lucky. A lot of memes on him out there. 

I don't know. He is a true worker. 

13 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I know I just hyped him up, but I'm seeing a lot of bad reviews on Greg Roman from fans on twitter. lol It's pretty rough. I'm going to keep watching, but it sounds like he's been getting lucky. A lot of memes on him out there. 

What are they saying?

How’s his leadership skills and communication skills with his players?

4 hours ago, SDotNova said:

What are they saying?

How’s his leadership skills and communication skills with his players?

His play calling mainly. These are just some of the recent tweets I've seen that are pretty funny. The bold is actually from a beat writer. I'm wondering if he's only looking good because of LJ. 

Man I hope Greg Roman does something right next week #RavensFlock

I’ll give you Greg Roman for a box of pop tarts
Seriously

I wish Greg Roman realized it’s ok to run the ball often as long as ur within 14 points

I really hope Greg Roman is watching the 49ers offense. They are so creative with the guys they have. He needs to take notes and implement in our offense.

Theory: Greg Roman is calling a bad combination and assortment of plays to prepare the ravens for playing from behind in the playoffs, either that or he completely forgot the last two seasons and still thinks he’s in buffalo with Tyrod

The chunk plays still aren’t there. The Ravens passing game hasn’t been explosive or especially efficient. The run game hasn’t been as devastating. And perhaps most concerning, there’s a sense that the Ravens offense is lacking an identity right now.

I think eventually for him to excel & grow, you have to part ways with Greg Roman.

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

LJ still sucks as a passer.  Those comments are ridiculous.

Agree about LJ.  Never been a big fan of QB's who make a living running the ball too much.  Their NFL lifespan seems to be short and if you are able to contain him (see KC game), the entire O suffers.