2020 Baker thread

Kiwibrown

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Maybe when he’s 35 and his wife has become a billionaire 

Brady for years took less money with NE so that they could allocate money to other parts of the team, by no means was he poor but very rarely too top of the position money 

22 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Brady for years took less money with NE so that they could allocate money to other parts of the team, by no means was he poor but very rarely too top of the position money 

Good role model for Mayfield to follow.

15 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:
19 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Maybe when he’s 35 and his wife has become a billionaire 

My feeling is that Brady taking a discount over the years with New England was a very rare anomaly and the QB'S of this generation will not give the "hometown" discount to any team in the future. 

Peace!!!

35 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Because he has a billionaire wife and didn’t need the money. Baker isn’t taking less on his first team. Nor should he. 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Because he has a billionaire wife and didn’t need the money. Baker isn’t taking less on his first team. Nor should he. 

For real? Because he didn't need the money?

Got news for you, when you take $25mm instead of gouging the team for $40mm, you do not need money.

That Dak contract is just stupid money & I'm sorry guys but Baker doesn't deserve Dak money.  Dak doesn't even deserve the new contract he has.  Dallas is going to instantly regret this contract & hamper their ability to build a Super Bowl contending team.

Peace!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cortes02 said:

That Dak contract is just stupid money & I'm sorry guys but Baker doesn't deserve Dak money.  Dak doesn't even deserve the new contract he has.  Dallas is going to instantly regret this contract & hamper their ability to build a Super Bowl contending team.

Peace!!!

He doesn't, but I can't remember the last time a QB has been extended with a 4-5 years deal that didn't put him in the top 5 of his position group on their second contract.

I would love to see "Browns resign Baker Mayfield to a 4 year contract making him the 11th highest paid QB"

But that's not going to happen.

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I would love to see "Browns resign Baker Mayfield to a 4 year contract making him the 11th highest paid QB"

But that's not going to happen.

Yeah, he would take over Jacoby Brissett's spot as the 11th highest paid QB by average in that scenario.

I think if we sign him this year it will be in the Goff/Wentz/Wilson/Cousins/Rodgers area between 4th and 9th highest. Likely would save about 5-8 million per year if they do it instead of waiting til next offseason.

I'd rather have him than Prescott so he (or his agent) may want Prescott money

5 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

We do have some leverage. 

We have him for two more years and then two after that with the tag.

Not sure that is really leverage, that's more like a plan B. The two after that with the tag will be 100 million over those two seasons most likely. In other words, you cost the owner millions and millions of dollars not signing him sooner and well, he may get upset about that.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

Not sure that is really leverage, that's more like a plan B. The two after that with the tag will be 100 million over those two seasons most likely. In other words, you cost the owner millions and millions of dollars not signing him sooner and well, he may get upset about that.

It is leverage compared to being a urfa. 

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

It is leverage compared to being a urfa. 

So the Browns are going to go into contract negotiations and say we will tag him two years if you don't agree to our terms? I don't think that packs any kind of punch because that is an already known option that every team has with their players.