What movie are you watching?

Forge

This movie sucked!  Freaking turn the damn lights on maybe, the entire film is basically in the dark.  I mean how cheap is Hollywood now, every new film that comes out is dark as hell, has no set and few costumes and the entire thing is digitally animated it seems.   How in the world this movie cost $200 mil to make I have no idea, unless the big name actors got $100 mil of that because it sure was not used on the set. 

Paul Dano had a decent scene late in the film and sure Pattinson is not as bad as Ben Affleck as Batman but sure hope Ben is not the bar.  Would be nice to see an original idea for once....no let us just make a movie that has been made already and just do it again in a different way because we have no original thought.  

Idk why I decided to watch The Mist again when I know the ending is gonna crush me. Honestly felt like this movie was one of the most underrated slept on movies. There are so many layers to it, the conflict between panicked, aloof townsfolk in a store, the secrets underlying the cause of the mist, the mist itself and what it carries. The anxiety and tension built throughout at the unknown was palpable. The acting all around was decent outside of the dude lighting himself on fire and another guy running to the camera and yelling where are the goddamn fire extinguishers lol. It felt like each death was uniquely thought out, as were a lot of the townsfolk. 

20 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Just watched the latest Jurassic world movie in the cinema. Bit corny at times but I loved it. They actually tied it in with the first movie/novel pretty well.

Biosyn being the "bad guy" was the perfect touch for me.

Michael Keaton’s Batman for the first time. I typed up my thoughts on it but I’m not gonna post it because the people that love this movie have a nostalgia pull from it I won’t get and there was nothing to compare it to back then. A positive though is Keaton might have the most believable-to-exist Bruce Wayne. He just feels like a human being in every movie. 

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Michael Keaton’s Batman for the first time. I typed up my thoughts on it but I’m not gonna post it because the people that love this movie have a nostalgia pull from it I won’t get and there was nothing to compare it to back then. A positive though is Keaton might have the most believable-to-exist Bruce Wayne. He just feels like a human being in every movie. 

I would be curious to read your take on it.  I really liked it when it came out,  but campiness was kind of the norm back then and was also reminiscent of the original TV show.  However, I  could see how someone who's first exposure to batman was the dark knight trilogy wouldn't like it.

On 6/25/2022 at 8:13 PM, Ty21 said:

Idk why I decided to watch The Mist again when I know the ending is gonna crush me. Honestly felt like this movie was one of the most underrated slept on movies. There are so many layers to it, the conflict between panicked, aloof townsfolk in a store, the secrets underlying the cause of the mist, the mist itself and what it carries. The anxiety and tension built throughout at the unknown was palpable. The acting all around was decent outside of the dude lighting himself on fire and another guy running to the camera and yelling where are the goddamn fire extinguishers lol. It felt like each death was uniquely thought out, as were a lot of the townsfolk. 

That ending, man

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ty21 said:

The Coen Brothers have so many great movies but Burn After Reading has to be top 2-3 for me. So much comical misdirection and stupid characters. 

I generally love the Coen's sense of humor in their comedies, but this one didn't hit for me.  Generally just found it stupid.  Except JK Simmons, his brief role in this was gold.

38 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Did anyone go see the black phone yet? Will be watching it today 

That was going to be my choice for my movie day yesterday, but unfortunately I had a complete blow out on my tire and decided to get all of them replaced. 

I'll see it next week