WCF: (1) Los Angeles Lakers vs. (3) Denver Nuggets

CWood21

57 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

It truly is incredible people were saying Kawhi Is better than LeBron 

if you combined their top 10 regular seasons, you’d have 9 or 10 of LeBrons and one or zero of Kawhis with LeBron taking the top 8 at a minimum. 

Do the same for post seasons and LeBron has 9 of the 10 best post seasons with at least the top 3 and maybe the top 5 with only last years of Leonard’s making the cut. And guess what LeBrons having another one at that same level right now. 

LeBron gets injured once in his career and y’all forgot about Dre. 

Yeah, people forget that Kawhi's postseason run last year was great yet still worse than every Bron postseason from 16-18. 

Lakers I guess is an easy pick for most, but something about current Laker team doesn't impress me that much. They feel more like LeBron's Cavs teams more than the Heat teams. Dunno if I trust their cast to step up. AD is also about to play the biggest basketball of his life in uncharted waters. More comfortable with D-Nugs cast to step up as there is plenty of evidence in their file. Impressed how the Lakers clamped down the Rockets in the latter stages of that series, but the Rockets aren't the fighting back type, more the go home and cry type, so I dunno how impressive that actually was. D-Nugs are definitely the fighting back type. Unless Lakers D really clamps them like the Clippers did and don't let up (dunno if they can), probably another 7 game series.

Don't care who wins, but would be dope to see Nuggets vs Heat Finals.

This one is a sweep. Maybe the nuggets win a game and it goes in 5. The lakers arent going to be caught napping in game 1 again, it will be a blow out. The nuggets are worn down, the lakers are fresh. The clippers were the only team that could beat the lakers, and now that they are out, its smooth sailing. I am a little interested in a lakers vs heat series, because perhaps the heat can play them to 6 games, but Boston cant. 

4 hours ago, Mossburg said:

Lakers I guess is an easy pick for most, but something about current Laker team doesn't impress me that much. They feel more like LeBron's Cavs teams more than the Heat teams. Dunno if I trust their cast to step up. AD is also about to play the biggest basketball of his life in uncharted waters. More comfortable with D-Nugs cast to step up as there is plenty of evidence in their file. Impressed how the Lakers clamped down the Rockets in the latter stages of that series, but the Rockets aren't the fighting back type, more the go home and cry type, so I dunno how impressive that actually was. D-Nugs are definitely the fighting back type. Unless Lakers D really clamps them like the Clippers did and don't let up (dunno if they can), probably another 7 game series.

Don't care who wins, but would be dope to see Nuggets vs Heat Finals.

I hope this series is competitive and comes down to the end, but I don't see it. Lakers have the bodies to make Jokic work but what will be interesting is how they deal with the Murray/Jokic pick and roll/pop. They have been blitzing and doubling the opposing team's star player but not sure how that will work in this series. I expect them to play small a decent amount with AD the 5 (can you even call this small?), and switch everything. Unlike the Clippers bigs, AD will be able to guard Murray off switches. Caruso/Green/KCP will also make Murray work by pressuring him up court. Harris/Grant/MPJ will need to be hitting their shots and if they do then the Nuggets can make it competitive but they have a lot going against them this series. 

Rondo played very well vs the Rockts and was hitting his shots. That was huge as it allowed him to stay on the court and as a result, LeBron got to play off the ball. But if he goes cold, then it will be like Cleveland all over again in terms of LeBron having to create all the looks for the Lakers. But the Lakers defense is just super legit. They are dominant for large stretches of the game and just wear teams down.

All I want is for my boy Murray to have a monster series, win or lose. Be more consistent and not have the type of off games he had against the Clippers. 

• Like 1

Honestly feel like Bron's going to go full 2018 playoff Bron the rest of this bubble. The Clips were the only team left capable of somewhat disrupting him. As good as he's been already, I think he takes it up a notch scoring wise. The chip is in reach and he smells it. 

I'll say Lakers in 6. Jokic and AD will cancel eachother out. Murray has to be a consistent 30 PPG guy for them to have a chance. He did start to get hot late in the LAC series so we'll see. 

14 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Honestly feel like Bron's going to go full 2018 playoff Bron the rest of this bubble. The Clips were the only team left capable of somewhat disrupting him. As good as he's been already, I think he takes it up a notch scoring wise. The chip is in reach and he smells it. 

I'll say Lakers in 6. Jokic and AD will cancel eachother out. Murray has to be a consistent 30 PPG guy for them to have a chance. He did start to get hot late in the LAC series so we'll see. 

Murray needs 4 epic games. In a 7 game series, stinkers are allowed. He's been possessed by Steph Curry enough this postseason to where it should not be a surprise if it happens again.

Edited by Mossburg