WCF: (1) Los Angeles Lakers vs. (3) Denver Nuggets

CWood21

Nuggets win game 1, dreams of a Finals appearance start to materialize despite knowing full well the Lakers backdoor swept the last 2 opponents who took game 1.

Lakers go up 3-1, with a blowout in there, dreams crushed. At least we made it to WCF...

Nuggets win game 5... Is it happening again, the comeback kids!? Hype restored

Lakers close it out in back and forth game 6.

I felt the Nuggets had a really good shot against the Clippers but I can't see them beating LA. They are the second best team in the NBA but this is their nightmare matchup cause AD is the only guy who matches up favorably vs Jokic. 

I think Lakers win in 5 but I really hope the Nuggets win. Just feels like a terrible matchup cause AD will win the 1:1 and LeBrons slashing can punish Jokic. 

Gonna come down to ball movement and 3-pointers for the Nuggets to win. They have the depth advantage. If Jokic can outplay AD or LeBron in this series they have a chance. 

Edited by roger murdock

AD is not the problem this series IMO. I mean, no more than Lebron, in that they are top tier players who will feast. It's the LA centers that makes this such an unfavorable matchup. We let the Lakers play their centers. Their 3 or 4 best 5 man lineups in regular season all include Dwight or Javale, believe it or not... but in terms of this specific matchup, Dwight doesn't get bullied by Jokic physically. That actually proved to be huge factor in regular season meetings. Disrupts flow of Jokic's game, and thus whole offense (as seen in much of Jazz series until they adapted), when he can't bully opposing center physically. 

I feel like Nuggets should be downright favored in game 1 since Lakers are probably going to shift so dramatically from last series to this one in how they play, and game 1 will be ironing out the kinks (and then they adjust and backdoor sweep rinse repeat). They could just roll with what worked last series, and try to dictate series in a sense by going "small", but I think Jokic will prove too much for that, I don't think AD can check Jokic. Maybe my memory is off, but I rarely remember him defending Jokic in their meetings this year, was always Dwight or Javale. Doesn't mean he can't, but I think they'd be smarter letting him for to his preferred 4, and playing their centers in a series where they can.

• Like 1

It truly is incredible people were saying Kawhi Is better than LeBron 

if you combined their top 10 regular seasons, you’d have 9 or 10 of LeBrons and one or zero of Kawhis with LeBron taking the top 8 at a minimum. 

Do the same for post seasons and LeBron has 9 of the 10 best post seasons with at least the top 3 and maybe the top 5 with only last years of Leonard’s making the cut. And guess what LeBrons having another one at that same level right now. 

LeBron gets injured once in his career and y’all forgot about Dre. 

• Like 3