WCF: (1) Los Angeles Lakers vs. (3) Denver Nuggets

CWood21

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

26 fouls - Nuggets

28 fouls - Lakers

And, y'all gifted us an extra free throw with that technical.

It's not the amount of fouls, but what fouls they were calling. 

I will freely admit they made a few makeup calls in the third. My biggest issue was the 2nd quarter, it really changed the game.

And to be fair the Lakers outfouled us 8-2 in the 4th, when the game was over.

4 minutes ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

It's not the amount of fouls, but what fouls they were calling. 

I will freely admit they made a few makeup calls in the third. My biggest issue was the 2nd quarter, it really changed the game.

And to be fair the Lakers outfouled us 8-2 in the 4th, when the game was over.

And Jokic got away with a foul in the 3rd cause he was in foul trouble. 

There were some questionable fouls in the 2nd but I don’t think it was anything too crazy and like a lot of the fouls were against Dwight it felt like.

10 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

There were some questionable fouls in the 2nd but I don’t think it was anything too crazy and like a lot of the fouls were against Dwight it felt like.

Yes, he did. I'll give you that.

There were 23 fouls. Denver was called for 16 of them. 5 involved Howard. The biggest ones were the 2 on Jokic, which certainly didn't help. Only 5 were on drives to the basket. I'll admit the refs were ok for 3/4 quarters.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Agreed. Jokic is a hell of a player but he does not match up well against the Lakers especially Dwight. He got into foul trouble against Dwight and that’s on him. Having said that, Jokic will probably going off for 50 next game.

6 hours ago, champ11 said:

Officials canceled Jokic out tbh 

I said before the series. Lakers are a very tough matchup for the Nugs. Super athletic attacking the rim. We struggle to protect the rim. Nugs will adjust

I hate the Lakers and their supporting cast, but damnit, they're good. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I hate the Lakers and their supporting cast, but damnit, they're good. 

They're starting to play how they were at the end of "season #1" - and they were playing tight (i.e. good).  There's stretches now where the looks the same - only - suddenly there's this guy name Rondo (who I used to cringe every time he'd touch the ball.....) thats giving us meaningful minutes and contributions. 

1-0  ***** and moan about the foul calls - which turned out to be even and within statistical norms - but 1 zip is all that counts.  One game at a time.

The second quarter was frustrating with some of the foul calls, but the Nuggets defense was atrocious and the Lakers were super aggressive on defense and taking it to the rim. If the Lakers are going to be shooting 40%+ from down town than it is very unlikely they lose. MPJ and Harris will need to be better and hit their shots for the Nuggets to have a chance. 

The Nuggets stopped moving as much after the first quarter and that is the only way they will consistently generate good offense. The Lakers really don't have a defensive liability in their rotation, especially when Rondo and Kuzma are locked in. McGee can be had but he barely plays and may not even start next game. Morris has been very good himself. The roster had some flaws on paper but their playing top level ball. Just washed the Rockets and may do the same to the Nuggets. 

31 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The second quarter was frustrating with some of the foul calls, but the Nuggets defense was atrocious and the Lakers were super aggressive on defense and taking it to the rim. If the Lakers are going to be shooting 40%+ from down town than it is very unlikely they lose. MPJ and Harris will need to be better and hit their shots for the Nuggets to have a chance. 

The Nuggets stopped moving as much after the first quarter and that is the only way they will consistently generate good offense. The Lakers really don't have a defensive liability in their rotation, especially when Rondo and Kuzma are locked in. McGee can be had but he barely plays and may not even start next game. Morris has been very good himself. The roster had some flaws on paper but their playing top level ball. Just washed the Rockets and may do the same to the Nuggets. 

I think when the roster was constructed, people wanted to bag on the role players but they are playing high level ball as well. McGee is blah but Dwight does very well against good bigs. Caruso has upped his game especially on the defensive end. He’s not quick laterally but he can be a pest and can guard guards and some wing players. His shooting has been very meh though which to me is the biggest hole in his game. Kuzma has always had a good offensive game(although played out of control at times) but he’s really bought in defensive under this staff. I’m KCP’s biggest hater and I still hate that contract but if he’s doing his job of being a 3&D guy, he’s effective. Same goes with Green. It’s interesting that they’re playing so well without probably their best guard in Daniels although Rondo has stepped up big time. Guys have bought in around LeBron and Davis and played their roles extremely well. I think if this team is hitting their shots consistently and playing with high energy, they’ll be tough to beat.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

9 hours ago, champ11 said:

Incorrect. But, yeah, you will always have to deal with biased officiating when you get the Lakers. It’s to be expected and you gotta overcome it. But the calls last night to put Jok in foul trouble crippled the game. The refs need to be better

It's the job of Jokic to control his emotions not the refs. I also remember the refs letting about 2 or 3 close calls on Jokic slide, and the dude still couldnt control his play.