Week 2 Games

Leader

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

I mean if they believe in Hill as the next QB I get not going for love.

But yes a C in the first round is laughable.

They may not.

Hill is getting paid well for his gadget role, but I wonder if Coach Payton would view him as a sustainable QB option if Brees went down. Shortcomings and all, Jameis Winston could get the nod since he's been a starting NFL quarterback. Then NO could continue to use Hill as their swiss army guy The social media whispers are growing to bench Brees and play Winston...for what little that's worth! 

48 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Brees is in his 2015 Manning phase. The ball just kind of flutters.

Honestly with  Bosa out, and with deteriorating Saints, this might be our year in the NFC

That's why the Saints still worry me. Manning had nothing left in 2015 and put up 340 on us in an embarrassing loss at Denver after we started 6-0 in 2015. It's tradition for experienced QBs to have their best games against a Capers/Pettine defense. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

That's why the Saints still worry me. Manning had nothing left in 2015 and put up 340 on us in an embarrassing loss at Denver after we started 6-0 in 2015. It's tradition for experienced QBs to have their best games against a Capers/Pettine defense. 

That's fair. Our bigger problem that game though was our O couldn't do anything. That D was legit. That was the only game all year that the team was definitely out classed.

Edited by pacman5252

19 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

That's fair. Our bigger problem that game though was our O couldn't do anything. That D was legit. That was the only game all year that the team was definitely out classed.

Hence why I think Sunday could be a shootout. I'll believe Pettine's D is ready to play big in a big game when I see it. 

I watched a lot of the Saints/Raiders game.

Here is what I saw.

We know all about Brees and his arm strength.  Here is what what wasn't mentioned.  His "senior moment" when he threw to a LB in the middle of the field at the end of the first half, well, that was due to pressure right up the middle.  He threw it quicker than he wanted and couldn't step up into it.  Some wise man once said on here that you need to pressure aged QB's up the middle.  And he's right.  And he is..... @Outpost31

Sanders didn't have a catch until the end of the game.  Cook got a few and looked good, but not as fast when he was here.  Smith was their "go-to" Wr.

Malcolm Jenkins got wedgied by Waller.  Waller is going to do that to a lot of guys, but Jenkins looked terrible in coverage.  We don't have a TE that can move like Waller.  Maybe Deguara, but probably not yet.  If we can get Jenkins matched up 1:1 with a WR, or Aaron Jones, we gotta feast on that matchup.

Saints defense.  Was underwhelmed by their DL.  I thought they were better.  Didn't see Davenport out there, maybe he was injured.  

The Saints ILB's are very aggressive.  They don't tackle, they want to injure what they tackle.  Talking about Davis.  With how aggressive he is, we gotta use the jet sweep and some misdirection to keep him from teeing off on guys.  Or, let's let him tackle Dillon a few times to take the starch out of him.

Corners.  Jenkins and Lattimore.  No real sense of urgency from them.  Grabby.  Thought they were better.

Kamara is the stud on offense.  Running and passing.  He's gonna get his, but somehow we need to limit that.  I don't think there's a guy at safety or linebacker for us that can bottle him up.  I'd almost drop a DL on passing down to try to spy on him at the LOS, then pass him to the linebacker/safety level.

Thought the Saints are very beatable, but, you gotta have the right weapons on offense.  Namely a quick tight end, and we do not have that.  Gonna need to scheme guys onto Jenkins and take advantage.

Defensively, we really need Kenny Clark up the middle.  And that is where Z should do the majority of his rushes.

• Like 1