First Coach fired this season?

ET80

I love the Texans strategy of letting a guy completely dismantle and destroy your franchise before waiting until week 4 of the season to fire him. Like if you're gonna let him trade away Hopkins you might as well let him have the full season to realize his plan

41 minutes ago, rich homie said:

I love the Texans strategy of letting a guy completely dismantle and destroy your franchise before waiting until week 4 of the season to fire him. Like if you're gonna let him trade away Hopkins you might as well let him have the full season to realize his plan

O'Brien lost the locker room. Unless he's replacing all 53 players in a week, there's no plan to realize - because everyone tuned him out from week two onwards:

How can you let a guy "realize his plan" when nobody is listening anymore?

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

O'Brien lost the locker room. Unless he's replacing all 53 players in a week, there's no plan to realize - because everyone tuned him out from week two onwards:

Hard to believe he didn't lose the locker room with the Hopkins trade, or even before that when he and Nuk were on bad terms. The point is this should have happened long ago. Right now just feels like a weird time for it.

2 hours ago, rich homie said:

Hard to believe he didn't lose the locker room with the Hopkins trade, or even before that when he and Nuk were on bad terms.

But he didn't. Watson questioned the move, but he wasn't questioning BoB. Watt didn't say anything, left it to a vague "I let people do their job". They we're all in on it, until it proved to be a failure.

The point is this should have happened long ago.

I don't disagree, but better late than never - right? It should have been done after the loss to KC in the playoffs, no argument here. But, best do it now while you still have a locker room not in full revolt.

Right now just feels like a weird time for it.

There's never a good time for it, especially when guys start mailing it in.

11 hours ago, rich homie said:

Hard to believe he didn't lose the locker room with the Hopkins trade, or even before that when he and Nuk were on bad terms. The point is this should have happened long ago. Right now just feels like a weird time for it.

I think he lost the QB with that trade and let's be honest the QB is supposed to be the on field leader. If you don't have his trust, you're guaranteed to lose everyone elses.

13 hours ago, ET80 said:

This is why Quinn might stay through the end of the year.

41 minutes ago, DawgX said:

So... how much longer does Dan Quinn last? Talk about another coach who should have been fired after last season.

Sadly, I think he lasts til the bye at least. And unless he somehow gets this team to go on a 5-game winning streak (which they CAN do, but I doubt they WILL do), they are gonna be looking at a new coach to close out the season.

29 minutes ago, raidersedge said:

Falcons are about to win their next 5 games. Dan Quinn isn't going anywhere.

I really hope this is right. Because that would make me very happy as a Falcons fan. Being 5-4 at the bye would make the first 4 games forgiveable. It would still piss me off about weeks 2-3 though. Becuase that would mean the team could be 7-2 instead of 5-4.

On 10/7/2020 at 11:04 AM, scar988 said:

I really hope this is right. Because that would make me very happy as a Falcons fan. Being 5-4 at the bye would make the first 4 games forgiveable. It would still piss me off about weeks 2-3 though. 

The only problem with that is, you'd still be stuck with Dan Quinn... 😑