First Coach fired this season?

ET80

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

I mean... Zac Taylor, Dan Quinn, Adam Gase, take your pick.

Why is Zac Taylor being mentioned? He's three games in with the #1 pick looking like a potential franchise guy. The Bengals aren't trying to mess with his growth by firing his HC.

Taylor has 2-3 years built in, this isn't a Jeff Fisher/Jared Goff situation.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Why is Zac Taylor being mentioned? He's three games in with the #1 pick looking like a potential franchise guy. The Bengals aren't trying to mess with his growth by firing his HC.

Taylor has 2-3 years built in, this isn't a Jeff Fisher/Jared Goff situation.

Which is why I tossed Jim Turner's name in, despite not being a HC.  Our line is terribad

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I get that, but isn't that a GM thing? I mean, isn't this a personnel issue?

Somewhat, but Brown and Tobin value the coaches' input on players.  They continually support Bobby hart, and re-signed hom to a stupid extension last offseason.

Most fans are irate about the o-line being neglected in the draft, but they clearly intended to overhaul the defense last year.  Reader, Waynes, Alexander, Bynes and Bell in free agency, plus three rookie LBs in the draft Davis-Gaither, Wilson, Bailey).  They have to be targeting OL in the next draft, and Sewell appears in their range at this point.  And he can't be the only high draft pick.  The defensive line will be addressed as well, but the o-line HAS to be the focus.

Back to Turner.  he claims Hart is "his guy", which i take as coach speak, but hearing it every week is migraine-inducing.  Some of our fans (not the ones on this site) lose it over the comments in press conferences.  I ignore them because they are useless.  But Turner came in with a ton of baggage, and has done nothing to show he was worth the risk, even tho he has toed the line as far as public comments and locker room culture.

On a side note, I am secretly hoping (and it is no longer a secret) that we land the top pick again, trade it to hopefully the Giants (at #2) and pick up Thomas as part of the trade, then take Sewell while they get Lawrence.  Kick Jonah to RG, which is a hot mess as well, and move forward with the young line growing with Burrow.  Short of that pipe dream, the draft could still land Sewell and a top RG, or another RT and still slide Jonah to RG.

The other thing that has me (and a few others in our subforum) is that Bill Callahan was available, his son is our OC, and yet we chose to keep Turner instead of grabbing him.  Turner has ties to Turner, so the nepotism seems to have started anew in the franchise.  Brown has always employed his family over far more qualified coaches, scouts and front office workers.

Edited by INbengalfan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I just think of what a mess Alex Smith was early on, with seven different coordinators over his first seven years in San Francisco.

Zac Taylor has time, whether or not he deserves it.

Agree with this.

I didn’t watch much of them, if at all, last year, but they are playing competitive in all there games so far this season and Burrow is looking like a true #1 overall franchise QB.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 8:14 AM, ET80 said:

Who's the first to get the axe... and when?

My homer/hot take will be Bill O'Brien after an 0-7 start (which is actually a reasonable record prediction, given the Texans first seven games) but we all know William O'Brien III won't fire YOLO BoB... So, YOLO BoB won't be let go.

BOOM!!!!! BOOOM!!!!! BOOOOOOOOM!!!!